The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

May have uncovered lens correction in LR3??

douglasf13

I was working with LR3 today, and it froze for a second, and, when I tried to do an "undo," it flashed "undo lens correction." I was unable to capture the warning in the center in the page, but I captured it in the file menu. Is this a sign of lens correction to come in LR3??

Robert Campbell

Certainly looks like it.

Once in LR3, a screen came up about keywording -- I wasn't able to capture it, but
it indicated that spaces would be allowed as a keyword separator. I couldn't get it
again.

Douglas, I really like the photo. Now back on topic. LR3 has a lens correction pane in the develop tab. Perhaps that is what you saw. See screen grabs below.

douglasf13

Doh! Mark, you're probably correct. I somehow forgot that pane was called "lens correction." I was on my laptop, so I couldn't see the whole pane on the right. Sorry for the false alarm.

Thanks about the pic. I've been working on this very eery series of photos, and that stretching effect is done all in-camera with long exposures.

...Thanks about the pic. I've been working on this very eery series of photos, and that stretching effect is done all in-camera with long exposures...
I assumed the effect was done in post processing. It is cool to be able to do it in camera using long exposure. In this particular photo I don't see how you do it with long exposure because the hand is sharp. Have you posted any of the finished photos from this series and if so where?

Mark