The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RGB values from 8bit pixel

F

faisaldj

Hi,

I have selected the color type in my camera as follows

8-bit Colour (RAW, 332(RGB))

can somebody guide me a little bit to write the c or c++ code to get
the rgb values of the pixel.

with regards,
Muhammad Faisal.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
The eyedropper in the info box of Photoshop will do that for you without having to write any code. Simply click and hold the eyedropper icon in the color box and select RGB. After that, wherever you put your mouse pointer you will see the values displayed in the info box for the pixel directly beneath the mouse pointer.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the fprmat your camera uses.
There is some limited documentation available on the web some some camera formats. Canon and dng are probably the best documented.
Of course, the raw format is usually a pixel array that has been bayer encoded and as such does not actually have an rgb value until converted.
thanks
-bob

F

faisaldj

Actually I want to process this data through microcontroller thats why I want to write a c or c++ code

with regards,
faisal

Lars

Yep Ray is right DCRAW i a good start. you can also look at the LIBRAW open source project that wraps and extends DCRAW a bit.

Finally, in case you haven't, this is a good time to read up on color science. Bruce Lindbloom's site is a good reference, but there is lots of material on color science out there.