The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can't Sync/Copy Settings in LR3 anymore

thrice

I wonder if I'm alone on this problem.

My PC is 100% stable, my copy of Lightroom (and other software) is legit.

Running Windows 7 x64

Adobe pushed through updates to Flash and Acrobat Reader which I believe have broken this feature of Lightroom.

For those who aren't clear on what I'm referring to, when I want to edit a stack of images the same way I can usually right click and click "Develop Settings->Sync Settings" and it'll give me a bunch of check-boxes for what I want to copy across to the other images. What happens now, if I click Sync Settings or Copy Settings Lightroom freezes, no errors or anything, I just have to kill the process.

Other byproduct of the dodgy Flash update is youtube stopped displaying video.

I went through and cleaned Flash, Acrobat, and Lightroom off of my system, and I cleaned the registry and all temporary files. I then reinstalled Lightroom, and then Flash.

Flash is fixed (ie. Youtube) but I still get Lightroom freezing, I'm not that keen on deleting Adobe Common Files but I assume this is where the problem lies, since they're not usually deleted when you uninstall Lightroom (or any other specific Adobe product).

Has anyone else come across this problem?