The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best CF Card Recovery Software?

David Schneider

For maybe 7-8 years I've been using PhotoRescue when I've had to recover images from a cf card. This time it isn't able to recover the images so I'm looking for software suggestions.

I think my assistant hit the card reader while she was accessing the files as there were three sessions on the card and the first two (which had already been backed up) were fine, but the files from third session which she was reviewing with client immediately after the session are corrupted. I'm thinking a momentary loss of power corrupted the files she open when she finished with the client.

David Schneider

As a last resort I formatted the card in camera and ran PhotoRescue again. This time it recovered all the jpg's from the session. (Session was shot raw+jpg.) JPGS are 4.7-5.7 kb so that's all I need. I might run the card through another recovery program now and see if that program finds the raws, but they seem to be really damaged.

Roderick Chen

David Schneider

I don't have it in front of me, but twice I used a program named DIR or digital image recovery (there are a lot of programs that have similar sounding names) and it recovered images (both from Canon and Hasselblad) that my old PhotoRescue failed to recover. It's a free program and when I'm in studio I'll post a link. It is now my go-to program.

R

rapcon

The compact Flash card is a popular digital camera memory card which helps to store photos, songs, movies and other data. It is widely used in the digital cameras.*The CF card in your digital camera might have been corrupted due to many reasons like, abruptly removal of memory card from camera, due to virus infection etc. But don't worry corrupted CF card picture recovery is possible by using the memory card recovery software. The software helps you to recover data from the corrupted CF card. You can download free demo version of this software to preview your recovery results.:clap:

Annaliaoly

I am having the exact same problem. I have just recently updated my phone to Jellybean Android Version 4.1.2 and ever since I updated i cannot access my gallery. I also get "Not enough space. Delete unnecessary items, such as downloaded software, pictures, videos, and documents."

- I have a 32gb external cf card (How to retrieve files from cf Compact Flash card)
- I tried deleting and clearing pictures from my internal USB storage but it doesn't end up getting deleted (shows it was deleted but later comes back)
- I even reformatted my entire phone and I am getting the same message when opening the gallery
- I unchecked USB Debugging
- I cannot access Instagram - crashes every time I open it
- I cannot access Zedge - it says "cf card required for this application" - I have a 32 gb cf Card
- I seem to have tried everything but cannot access my gallery or even send photos through Whatsapp, Text, etc.
Learn more: http://www.vibosoft.com/

Last edited:

ThomasBurse

Files Repair Tool gives you preview of all the deleted or lost files before recovering them. When it comes to recover image, the software can preview recoverable files of different extensions, including GIF, JPG, BMP, PNG, ICO, PCX, TIF, WBMP, TGA, JP2, WMF, JBG, J2K, PNM, PGX, CUR, RAS and etc. To recover text files, it shows files of TXT, INI, LOG, XML, CSS, BAT, RTF and other extensions.File Repair Tool is capable to handle files of all sizes, types and other attributes. This software is capable to recover the content of removed file efficiently. Along with some common file types (MOV, MPG, or AVI for movies and JPG, BMP and PNG for images). get more info: Files Repair Tool Recover Data from Deleted or Corrupt Files, Folders
use free trail version.

melvinmusick

Use Windows Recovery Software to recovers data from formatted Windows partitions having FAT and NTFS file systems. It can recover deleted data from the Windows Recycle Bin, restore lost data, even if the partition is formatted or deleted, restore data from a corrupted hard drive, virus infection, unexpected system shutdown or software failure. It supports IDE, SATA, SCSI, USB hard disk, memory card, USB flash drive, CD/DVD, Blue-Ray Disk and iPod. you have to use recovery data tools advance external hard drive recovery software that will help you to get back the lost files from the hard disk. Get complete details by:-Windows Data Recovery Software offered by PC Recovery Tool

Cloverghjg5

A month ago, I also had to restore my camera photos back from CF card for accidental formatting. For rescue these photos back, I had tried many data recovery software online, like 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery, Recuva and PhotoRec, etc.
All of them worked well on my CF card and restored parts of my wanted data back, especially the first one which had get back about 86 of my original card photos.
One more thing, from now on, learn to make card data backups all the time in case of data loss problems.

leenamiller

Not Available
You can recover your deleted photos very easily. I have also faced this kind of situation then I used Amrev photo Recovery software and it recovered my deleted files in some easy steps. You can also try this and I hope you will also get back your photos.