The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sandqvist Backpack

dave.gt

Last edited:

MartinN

Sandqvist - designed in Sweden and made in XXX (like almost anything nowadays) ? Maybe they are a better choise than the
cheapo stuff.

I am very happy with my f-stop Guru UL black and with the Small Pro ICU it should even take Hasseblad H with a lens attached in a pinch. For shorter trips I use that Guru with Mamiya 645AFD and one extra lens. It is not that fashionable and the Dalston certainly has another design but the Guru UL is more modular and has the safety feature of backside camera access.

dave.gt

Sandqvist - designed in Sweden and made in XXX (like almost anything nowadays) ? Maybe they are a better choise than the
cheapo stuff.

I am very happy with my f-stop Guru UL black and with the Small Pro ICU it should even take Hasseblad H with a lens attached in a pinch. For shorter trips I use that Guru with Mamiya 645AFD and one extra lens. It is not that fashionable and the Dalston certainly has another design but the Guru UL is more modular and has the safety feature of backside camera access.
Ah, yes, the Guru. Thanks! I really need to sort and reassemble my 35 gear. Not to mention getting a short/light tripod... once I can lay that out, then the Guru will certainly make sense because using shoulder bags, I tend to leave all sorts of things at home when I would prefer it all be together. Especially since I have hundreds of rolls of different film to shoot now.

I am delighted with my Satori for the H5!

F-stop has my attention already!👍

MartinN

The tripod is always a certain problem, it screams 'Photographer' and is needed for low light & slow film photography. I also have a Satori :D The tripod can be strapped to packs but have not found any tripod both light, compact and sturdy that could fit the inside of a bag, maybe with the Satori.

dave.gt

The tripod is always a certain problem, it screams 'Photographer' and is needed for low light & slow film photography. I also have a Satori :D The tripod can be strapped to packs but have not found any tripod both light, compact and sturdy that could fit the inside of a bag, maybe with the Satori.
The Satori is really the best thing that has happened to me with carrying gear and organization. I love it. Been walking the streets in our neighborhood for weeks fully loaded on a week or two I will add the big 'ol tripod pretty soon for another 10 #....:shocked: but my 35mm kit will be much lighter and I love the idea of having multiple kits in different size ICUs.

For my everyday use, I just use my Billingham shoulder bags that I have had for years. Perfect for light duty with the small film cameras. The more I think about it, the Guru seems to be the better choice. Now to have a gear sale.:)

dave.gt

Ugh....

Last night I pulled my gear together to re-organize and better plan for photo work for the coming year. All I have left, personally, are a handful of well used inexpensive vintage Nikon cameras; a 1949 CiroFlex TLR (120 film); and a Baby Rolleiflex (127 film). All of my workhorse gear was sold over the past few years.

The Studio has a single MFD with a single lens. And that reorganization has been completed for now with the Satori backpack... thanks, Andy!!!

But what to do with nine shoulder bags (inexpensive and of various sizes)? The old Hadley Pro is my everyday bag which goes everywhere with us carrying photo gear, medicine, film, food, water, personal accessories, scarves, umbrella, etc. ... and it is absolutely indispensable.

I was thinking of keeping all of my 35 mm gear in a backpack for portable storage and keeping a shoulder bag in which to slide one or two MF Nikons in for outings. As it is now, I have a shoulder bag for each camera ready to go at a moment's notice. Not sure if that is the best way as it takes up a lot of space in my little cave.

What to do?

Bag addiction is a terrible thing. I hope I don't get backpack addiction as well.:(

Last edited:

Hausen

I found the Sandqvist back pack to be to flimsy for me especially the internal dividers so I sold it before it ever left the house. I use the Wotancraft Commander for general walk around and the Wandrd Prvke for travel. The Wandrd bag is the most comfortable camera pack I have ever used. The shoulder straps are awesome.

dave.gt

Thanks, David, that is good information to know!

I am already spoiled by the quality of the F-stop packs. So, I will probably look closely at the Guru pack in the near future to help me with organizing. The shoulder bags are indispensable for light carry.

:thumbup:

Hausen

I have the F-Stop Anja as well. :rolleyes: I have to move away from shoulder bags for awhile while my pelvis/back heals from a fall I had last year. The Langly Globetrotter I had then likely saved my life when it cushioned my fall, it got cutoff by my rescuers otherwise I would still have it.

Thanks, David, that is good information to know!

I am already spoiled by the quality of the F-stop packs. So, I will probably look closely at the Guru pack in the near future to help me with organizing. The shoulder bags are indispensable for light carry.

:thumbup:

dave.gt

I have the F-Stop Anja as well. :rolleyes: I have to move away from shoulder bags for awhile while my pelvis/back heals from a fall I had last year. The Langly Globetrotter I had then likely saved my life when it cushioned my fall, it got cutoff by my rescuers otherwise I would still have it.
Wow! Man, that sounds horrendous. :bugeyes:

So glad you are still with us! I would be quite interested to know some more details of your fall, so please feel free to send me a PM. I would consider it a favor if I can learn something to avoid a similar fate.

baudolino

I found the Sandqvist back pack to be to flimsy for me especially the internal dividers so I sold it before it ever left the house. I use the Wotancraft Commander for general walk around and the Wandrd Prvke for travel. The Wandrd bag is the most comfortable camera pack I have ever used. The shoulder straps are awesome.
Exactly my choice, too - Wotancraft Commander and Wandrd Prvke. Happy New year!

Like previously mentioned this is a very flimsy backpack and feels nothing like a pro camera bag. Tried one in a shop and quickly put it back down again.

New Year and new thoughts on bags/packs for different formats. My 35mm and 127 format gear is needing a little attention and maybe some sell offs are in order.

Anyone have any experience with Sandqvist bags? BH Photo seems to state they are no longer available but the Sandqvist website still lists them:

https://www.sandqvist.com/en/shop/backpacks/hasselblad-x-sandqvist-backpack-grey

Something like this F-stop small pack may be the best way to go:

https://fstopgear.com/products/urban/dalston