The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trouble with PhaseOne?

spassig

Should I ride a sick horse?
Was thinking of upgrading from PO IQ3 50MP to PO IQ4 100MP. But after talking to local representative - yet - I am unsure.
What do you think?

Jochen (Germany)

drevil

Staff member
Well there is only an IQ4 150mp back.

And to be honest, there is quite some information missing in this message......what did the local representative tell you that makes you hesitate?

Mexecutioner

Well there is only an IQ4 150mp back.

And to be honest, there is quite some information missing in this message......what did the local representative tell you that makes you hesitate?
Did the IQ4 Trichromatic get discontinued?

Paul Spinnler

The direct sales reps have been fired. Their distribution is indirect via dealers who get a commission, e.g., like Calumet. That way they are flexible cost-wise.

spassig

I doubt that Calumet has the experience to give good advice. I bought my XF/IQ350 from a local representative after testing it for two weeks.
Will this service be available from Calumet in the future?

buildbot

Should I ride a sick horse?
Was thinking of upgrading from PO IQ3 50MP to PO IQ4 100MP. But after talking to local representative - yet - I am unsure.
What do you think?

Jochen (Germany)
Well, they might not update it as much as promised, but Phase will probably support it for a huge amount of time - I doubt they’ll go out of business, unlike Rollei for example.

And unlike Rollei/DW Photo, Phase one support is effective, repairs are fast, and actually performed.

Paul Spinnler

I think an XT XL is in the cards. It is nice to have a big tech cam with recorded shift ways.

But still, the XC is really disappointing after all this time.

buildbot

@Maxx9photo
Not so expensive ;-)
I use a Leica SL2 and found 50MP are good.
I think the IQ4 is good for my workflow.
In Germany there is no change to test a IQ4 yet
Is the price difference actually that much? Used/new?

Also if you are interested in saving money, the IQ3 100MP is a great choice as well. They are going for 7-10K USD it seems.

spassig

Is the price difference actually that much? Used/new?

Also if you are interested in saving money, the IQ3 100MP is a great choice as well. They are going for 7-10K USD it seems.
I will show what are different between IQ3 and IQ4.
Edit
In the next days I have a conversation with the representative regarding differences

buildbot

I will show what are different between IQ3 and IQ4.
Edit
In the next days I have a conversation with the representative regarding differences
Always good to talk to a dealer/rep to get more info!

The big differences I can think of are frame averaging, dual exposure, the expose to the right feature, and of course a much newer and linux based system in the IQ4. It's not without downsides though, as power sharing I believe is implemented slightly worse than in the IQ3, it takes longer to turn on, and uses more batteries.