The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by al2002

1. A

14 bit lossless RAW on A7 Mk 1 (not A7II)?

Hi All, Just wanted to know if 14 bit uncompressed RAW files can be recorded on the A7 with a firmware update? Thanks
  2. A

Lensrentals on the 24-70 GM

According to lensrentals.com the GM is is in the same class as the new Nikon and Canon EF 24-70mm lenses. https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/04/sony-goes-world-class-the-24-70mm-f2-8-gm-mtf-and-variance-tests/
  3. A

Minolta Maxxum 28-135 Zoom on Sony A7

Thanks for your input benroy. I have a number of Maxxum lenses. Besides the zoom I have a 24/2.8, 50 mm Macro, 85/1.4 and a Tamron tele zoom (zoom range and aperture withheld to protect the guilty). A typical 1990's amateur outfit, perhaps? I went digital with Nikon DSLRs several years ago...
  4. A

Thanks for the reply Ute. Are sharpness, colour fringing and vignetting adequate on your A7 RII, or does the lens fall short of modern standards?
  5. A

Are any forum members using the Sony 28-135 zoom on the A7 or A7R? If so, please post your impressions. I still have one, 20+ years old, left over from film days when I used it with a Maxxum 7 as a general purpose lens. Thanks in advance.
  6. A

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

You would be better off using a true micro lens. Leitz, CZ, Nikon, Olympus all made top class objectives. Camera -> Leica R adapter -> bellows R -> Leica R to 1" thread microscope adapter -> objective. Alternatively, Canon makes a 5x- 1 x micro. Perhaps that can be adapted to the SL? Not sure...
  7. A

Experiences and Opinions about the SL

Hi Tom, Can you comment on the SL's IQ with M wides? If you have a 24mm Elmarit M or a 35mm Summilux M Asph, your comments on SL vs. M IQ in the corners would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.
  8. A

Canon TS lenses on A7 bodies

Thanks for the suggestion. I really need a wide, 24 or 17mm.
  9. A

Thanks for the replies jlm and David.
  10. A

Thanks again Chris. The additional info is very useful. FWIW, I am thinking of switching to the A7RII because of its smaller size. The limited selection of Sony FE lenses is a concern so it is good to hear that adapted lenses work well.
  11. A

Thanks for the quick response Chris. Good to know that you had not optical or mechanical problems with the TS lenses. The view camera arrangement is new to me. Do you get shading in the corners due to the long lens- sensor distance?
  12. A

If any forum members have used Canon's 17 or 24 mm TS lenses with a Metabones adapter on an A7 body would they please post their impressions? Thanks in advance.
  13. A

zEIss: 5 more FF-E coming ...

I have the Contax 21/2.8, 28/2.0 and 35/1.4 Distagons and, FYI, they are not exactly small lenses. And they are not exactly cheap on the used market.
  14. A

Minolta 3x-1x Macro lens

Could you elaborate on your answer? Have you found it to be lacking in sharpness? It is not clear to me why a built in battery would rule out this lens.
  15. A

Minolta 3x-1x Macro lens

Have any forum members used the Minolta 3x-1x macro lens on their A7 bodies with an adapter? If so, please post your impressions. Thanks in advance.