The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Alnitak

1. A

Leica lens sale: Summarit, Elmarit, Elmar

The 35mm Summarit and hood is gone, and so is the 50mm Elmar. I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers on any of the other lenses. Jeff
  2. A

Looking for offers on the lenses. Don't be shy.
  3. A

The 35mm Summarit w/ hood is gone. I'll entertain offers on any of the rest--although there's a pending offer on the 50mm Elmar. Jeff
  4. A

I'd like to move these without having to go to the big auction site, so I'll entertain offers.
  5. A

I am selling a couple of my Leica M-mount lenses to clean out the duplicate, triplicate and quadruplicate focal lengths. I've simply got too many lenses! All of these are LNIB and include the original box, pouch, paperwork, etc. The 21mm has a tiny mark on the base of the hood, seen in one...
  6. A

WTB: Fuji Fujifilm GSW 690 III

I've got one, email me at [email protected]. I can email photos. I'm in LA and am asking $600 for mine; its in excellent condition. Jeff
  7. A

Lens Flare wanted

Brian's advice is dead on. The early Summar's flare pretty badly, with lots of veiling flare. The Type II Summicron will have some nice flare with blobs. A number of the Voigtländers will flare nicely, especially the single-coated versions, which are designed to give the "classic"...
  8. A

Don't panic if you see this

Well, that fits the pattern. Mine was also a November delivery and I carried it all over the world until March 2010 when it cracked. On the bright side, now it will be repaired. Jeff
  9. A

Don't panic if you see this

It would be interesting to know when you purchased your M9. As David points out, it's a well-known issue, and Leica actually issued a statement on this, I believe in late 2009. The first ones started showing up in October or November 2009 if I recall correctly. It was apparently a bad batch...
  10. A

FS: Leica 100mm f/2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit-R and 1:2-1:1 Elpro adapter

OK, this is a really lovely macro lens, but I don't have room for it anymore--too many lenses! Legendary for its color and sharpness, and a true APO. Works great on Canon or Nikon cameras with an adapter; I used it on a Canon 7D. Lens is in excellent condition with only a few tiny rub marks...
  11. A

WATE on M9?

Here you go: M9, WATE & Frankenfinder by jhapeman, on Flickr
  12. A

WATE on M9?

Unfortunately this is not uniformly the case. Some have reported that they get red edges. I have had two M9's; with my first one I had no issues. My second M9 has red edge issues at 16mm with the WATE (even with the newest firmware), although only in some conditions. That said, as many have...
  13. A

Tri-Elmar 16/18/21 Price Check

Yes.
  14. A

The M9 as a Landscape camera

Thanks Jono--as for the top of the Matterhorn--Ha! My sea-level lungs couldn't handle the top of the Matterhorn, never mind my muscles. I've been working in London a lot this year, and my wife and daughter joined me about ten days ago. We left last week for a ten-day holiday in Paris and...
  15. A

The M9 as a Landscape camera

In Zermatt and had a great view of the Matterhorn this morning. M9 + 50mm Summilux M9 + 75mm Summilux Jeff