The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by arize84

1. A

An interesting Review of a7rII

Though I find Ming Thein and Lloyd Chambers obnoxious, I have to say that read like a balanced review. I have taken many great pictures with my A7 and I love the 35mm 2.8 Sonnar, but I just cannot have an emotional connection with that camera because you cannot help feel that it was designed by...
  2. A

FS/FT: Sony full frame kit, A99+3 lenses

Is the 135 in like new condition? It is difficult to tell from the picture?
  3. A

Sony A7 + Minolta 135 = Magic Tele Combo

Forgot to mention. Lens has a nifty built in hood that is very unobtrusive.
  4. A

LAEA4. It gives you the AF performance of the sony A99.
  5. A

I only discovered the Minolta 135 2.8 in the last couple of months. Bought one of Ebay for $300 and finally had the chance to try it this weekend. The first thing you will notice is that this lens is super short and lightweight for a telephoto; it's about the same size as the FE 55 1.8 which...
  6. A

I need an A7R WA solution NOW

I have doing pretty well with the Minolta 20 2.8 (same design as sony version). It's still relatively compact even with the LAEA4 adapter. Will hold on to it until the wide angle FE zoom is released.
  7. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series The 55 1.8 FE is a pretty amazing lens. Coming from Canon, it's nice to finally use a 50mm lens that renders sharp and beautiful images. Zina 1 20140504-Edit by Icon Foto, on Flickr
  8. A

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Starting to put the 35mm 2.8 through its paces. It's a gem of a lens. Zina 1 20140427 by Icon Foto, on Flickr
  9. A

Sony 20mm any good

I mostly use this lens on my A99. I have used it a few times on my A7. You get about similar performance. I agree that stopped down the lens is good enough for most purposes. You will also appreciate its lightweight and speedy focus. It's a far superior experience to the ZM 18 I recently...
  10. A

ZM 18mm F4 on A7R - Corner Quality?

Not bad at all. Really looking forward to trying out the lens. I received my copies of the FE 35 and 55. There are both extremely sharp and lightweight, but they leave me cold. They are way too clinical. I will take them out this weekend for some street shooting, I hope I'm able to bond with the...
  11. A

Distortion looks pretty well controlled in this shot. Is that your impression as well? Should be getting my copy today. Excited.
  12. A

Maybe, I'm just not very picky, but I'm fine with these extreme corners. I think the obsession with corners on the internet has gone way overboard.
  13. A

Best performing 24 or 25mm on A7R

If you don't mind the LAE4 adapter and going a little bit wider, then I would also recommend the Sony/Minolta 20mm 2.8. Its short and lightweight, focuses fast, sharp enough stopped down, and has wonderful Minolta colors. You will have to push a bit harder in post with this lens but the...
  14. A

According to this guy, the M mount works pretty well. I went ahead and ordered one. Will let you know my experience. Your A7r wants a wide angle lens. What do you do? | Leica BOSS
  15. A

Canon EF to A7 adapter help needed

I bought this to use on a Voigtlander 40MM Ultron. It is a Commlite adapter. It has AF but is way cheaper that metabones. Amazon.com : Auto-focus Mount Adapter EF-NEX for Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony NEX with IS Exact Exposure : Camera Lens Adapters : Camera & Photo It works flawlessly; tight...