The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by asnapper

1. A

Contax 645 35mm Lens on GFX 50S ll

I have recently received a Fotodiox C645 to GFX adapter to use with my C645 35mm lens on a GFX 100s. I'm in the process of moving so I have not had the opportunity to try this setup. This adapter doesn't have AF, like the 3x more expensive Fringer does. I have heard the C645 35mm is the best of...
  2. A

Lens options for Cambo Actus-G paired with Sony A7Riv

I have used my Canon 24mm T/S mkii on my Actus Mini, with the Cambo ACB-CA Actus lens plate, with my Sony A7riii. You need to also have the w/a bellows. The Cambo lens plate is not cheap, there is one on eBay at the moment for £850. Another option is the new Actar 20mm lens, which takes 82mm...
  3. A

Fun with the Pentax K-3 III & K-3 III M

I received my K3M today, here in the UK :)
  4. A

M11M and summilux 50 MK II officially launched!

Another camera manufacturer is likely to launch a DSLR with a monochrome sensor on Thursday. https://pentaxrumors.com/2023/04/07/pentax-live-streaming-event-scheduled-for-april-13th/ No its not a Pentax 645M, but the K-3 Mark III monochrome
  5. A

GF 35-70mm on GFX100s

Very happy with the image quality, size & weight. It's very good value for money, especially when its on sale. Only downside I have so far discovered is occasional flare.
  6. A

Laowa 20mm f/4 Zero-D Shift (for GFX)

In the this review using the lens on a 50r, 11mm of movement was possible without any issues. samples are included in the review, at all apertures & with shift from zero to 11mm. https://www.plferrer.photos/test-laowa-20mm-f-4-zero-d-shift-fuji-gfx/
  7. A

What do orange and green B&W filters do on the Leica M10 Monochrom?

The 44a filter certainly made a difference with film
  8. A

What do orange and green B&W filters do on the Leica M10 Monochrom?

Thank you for doing this, Do you have a wratten 44a filter which mimics ortho film, it would be interested to see how it performs on the M10-M
  9. A

Laowa 20mm Shift Lens on 907x? Or the more expensive Canon TS 24mm? Easy way out would be the XCD 21mm...

Here is a review of the lens on a GFX, with samples taken with shift, which show you can shift more than the recommended 8mm for the 44x33 sensor. Cambo are introducing a 20mm Actar lens this month, which I am guessing is this lens...
  10. A

Cambo Actus User

What if the widest Apo Sinaron digital lens you have, which you can use on your Actus / Sony?
  11. A

Recommendations for medium format SLR

The best MF film camera I ever had & still have is the Fuji 680III, they can be bought cheaply & the lenses are superb. You have all the movements of a view camera, rise & fall, shift, tilt & swing. Its drawbacks are its size & weight, & it not being mechanical, but its a truly versatile camera...
  12. A

Anyone using Cambo Actus

I have an Actus Mini, which I use with a Sony A7rIII & a variety of lenses, Digitars, Canon T/S & Pentax 645 & 67. The longest digitar I have is a 120 but its in a Copal 0. I swing the front standard 180deg when using this lens, so that the focus scale is set to infinity. I see no reason why a...
  13. A

I hope Pentax comes back with a MF Mirrorless Camera

Zero chance of this happening or there being an update to the 645z, sadly it appears that the Pentax 645 system has been abandoned by Ricoh
  14. A

Cambo Actus + Digitar 47mm + GFX?

I can only talk about the 47mm digitar, in combination with the Actus Mini & the Sony A7rIII. I have full rise & fall, along with close to 15mm left & right shift with the standard bellows focused at infinity, you get a few more millimetres of shift when using the wide angle bellows. The rear...
  15. A

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

I recently bought this lens, for just £199, so I thought why not I will give it a try. I use it with my Actus / Sony A7r3. Yes it may not be the sharpest lens I have, but its not a slouch when stopped down to f8 & f11. If you can find one at a cheap price then get it, as there are no other 28mm...