The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by biglouis

1. biglouis

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

GRIII - Edward Mann Buildings, Stepney, East London.
  2. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Old cameras are so much easier and cheaper to maintain!
  3. biglouis

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

Gotta hand it to Ricoh. I think they are beginning to build momentum for the GR. My hand keeps on hovering over the pre-order button. https://petapixel.com/2021/09/08/ricoh-quietly-launches-the-gr-iiix-with-new-40mm-equivalent-lens/ 40mm equivalent fixed lens. Plus an adapter that increases it...
  4. biglouis

Sigma new products annoucement in 6 days !

Nice lenses. Not for me. Unless the next announcement is a Foveon FP...
  5. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

A newer style old Ford Pop. Sandwiched in between it and an A35 is the car that was once the car of my dreams....
  6. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Wind Farm, Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, England - X-T4, XF 18 f1.4,
  7. biglouis

I am a sucker for G.A.S. and if that 20-35mm wide zoom has good quality I'm in

Off topic but talking about GAS I cannot believe the price of the GFX50SII - even with the 35-70 kit lens... I think it is about the same price as a Z7II+24-70 here in the UK...
  8. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

BIG BOY - almost certainly a male (dog) fox, X-T4, XF 200.
  9. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

On my travels, again, this time to Haworth in Yorkshire, famous as the home of the Brontë family of Victorian writers. This is the Old School Room, in Haworth built by Patrick Brontë, the father in which all his six children taught. It is often felt to be the most important of all the historic...
  10. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Fantastic building, well captured. Is that Saffron Walden by any chance?
  11. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Latest acquisition, first test: X-T4, XF 18mm f1.4 LM WR. Seems to be a sharp and colourful lens. Haven't really played around with the wide-open capabilities. I hope to do that tomorrow. There was a lot of strong contrast today and I needed to process the photos through ColorEffex to really...
  12. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Langstone Mill Ponds, Hampshire, England. X-T4, XF 200/2+TC1.4
  13. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

To my enduring shame when I was a child I visited London Zoo where Guy the Gorilla was incarcerated in an enclosure that you wouldn't keep a dog in (having been built and designed by the Victorians) and joined in with the popular sport of throwing monkey nuts at him. It was how zoos worked in...
  14. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Not that much fun and not even a photography taken with a Fuji but this is what happens when your XT-4+XF10-24 does a header from your tripod to the floor, if you are cack-handed at securing it on the tripod head. Thank goodness the lens mount broke instead of the camera mount. I had a 16mm 1.4...
  15. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Bart, absolutely no need to apologise and I hope my response was not interpreted as any criticism of yours. I love this forum, everyone - you included - are always generous and kind with comments. I actually feel a bit dumb that I missed the obvious artefacts in the photographs. My response was...