The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by cjlacz

1. C

E-M1 vs. E-M5, how much better?

Godfrey's post matches my experience. I don't have any 4/3s lenses to put on the camera anymore. Focusing seems to be similar to the E-M5. Better CAF performance, but I rarely use it and can't offer a comparison. I never found the viewfinder lag to be a problem in the E-M5 and the E-M1 is...
  2. C

Hello Jorgen. I was reading some of your wall posts. I'm living in Tokyo now, but I'm headed...

Hello Jorgen. I was reading some of your wall posts. I'm living in Tokyo now, but I'm headed over to Thailand and maybe Laos from 12/14 to 1/5. Mae Hong Son looks great. I'm planning on going to Chiang Mai, but no real plans while I'm there. I was considering going over to Laos and down the...
  3. C

EM-1half shutter press :-(

I really like the new shutter release too. It takes a little time to get used to it, but I wouldn't prefer the E-M5 release over this. I didn't shoot the E-1, but it kind of reminds me of the Mamiya 7II. I accidentally took a photo the first time I picked it up.
  4. C

GM1 anyone?

I'd love to hear some more of your experiences as you use the camera. My company has gotten a little more strict about me bringing in my camera and I'm looking for something more compact than the E-M5. I'm kind of waffling between the GM1 and Ricoh GR at the moment. The shots look great. Are you...
  5. C

Would you give up your m4/3 kit for the new Sony A7?

I'm agree with Jorgen for most part. m43s has a nice variety of camera bodies (GM1 to E-M1/GH3) and all the lenses I need. m43s is more than enough for the sizes I print at. I'm not sure what I'd be switching for. I don't need the resolution and I'd rather not have bigger file sizes. It might...
  6. C

Lumix GH4

If that price is true I hope it's just a well thought out dedicated video camera. I guess it could make a backup still camera in a pinch. If true it will be an interesting addition to the m43s family.
  7. C

A7 or A7r

If I got one it would be the 7r, for the mega pixels. I don't really need it, but 24MP doesn't offer me enough over what I've got that the way the native lenses for it are shaping up, you won't be buying it for low light shooting. (DLSRs offer more fast glass) It will be interesting to see how...
  8. C

LUMIX GM1

Removing the glass wouldn't make a difference. The space required between the sensor and mount is defined in the spec. It seems like the shutter would fall under the same area, but unlike the glass I imagine it has supporting hardware around it. By removing that maybe they can place circuit...
  9. C

EM-1 Trying to Control my Spending

I'd be tempted just to get the 45mm or maybe 75mm. The 12-40 has you pretty well set on the wide end, unless you need ultrawide. In your position I'd probably be waiting for the 40-150 that's coming next year.
  10. C

ttl flash, ergonomics, omd

I haven't used it recently, but I've used Oly's wireless control with TTL flash many times in the past. It doesn't have the IR only controller that Nikon has, but in general it's worked out fine. I have the FL-600R, but I haven't attempted to use it as a controller yet. Outdoor it's worked fine...
  11. C

GX7, the Swiss Army Camera?

I just wish Panasonic would listen and allow English menus on the cameras purchased in Japan. Someone there is making some strange decisions and has driven me mostly to Oly after my GF1 and I'm happy with it. Even though it's not nearly as bad as owning two systems, when you take into account...
  12. C

E-M1 and 12-40mm f/2.8

You guys really aren't helping. I've read the reviews and I know it's good, but after following the posts here for years your endorsements is making this really hard to resist. I wish I got to see the demo here in Tokyo, but I won't have to wait to long to see it in the stores. Time to trade in...
  13. C

E-M1 and 12-40mm f/2.8

Same here. Reserved mine today. I don't need it, but it's too hard to resist. If it's typically of most Oly top end camera upgrade schedule it's probably good for about three years. I have no issue with that. I'm happy with the E-M5's output and this looks a little better. With all the other...
  14. C

Olympus launches PEN E-P5

It does look a bit silly with it on it, but it's as good or better in real life than the specs suggest. I carry a 90 degree finder attachment a fair amount of the time, so having both a larger finder that rotates up and takes up less space in my pocket would be welcome. As I already have two...
  15. C

Olympus launches PEN E-P5

I took my E-M5 up to the Oly service center at lunch to have the LCD replaced. My serial number was in the range of the troubled units. They had several E-P5s out to play with in the showroom on the first floor. It feels pretty solid, maybe not as much as the E-M5, but I like it a lot. The...