The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ejpeiker

1. ejpeiker

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

By the way Ed, one of the strengths of this lens is that it actually takes screw on filters. 86mm but I have some 95s from my Phase One days that I just step down to 86. It works well for a single filter but if I stack two it does vignette a bit.
  2. ejpeiker

I used to own that lens with a D810. The Nikon has a lot more linear distortion as that is it's weak point and the strength of pretty much all of the Laowa lenses. The 14-24 is probably a little bit sharper deep though into the corners.
  3. ejpeiker

I don't think that would be possible, at least not without some very complex optics as the flange distance on the 645 is dramatically longer than on the GFX. It's easy adapt from a long flange distance to a short one as the adapter just makes up the difference but going the other way is not at...
  4. ejpeiker

The center is very good and there's a little falloff into the corners but it's better than I expected and better than the 12mm f/2.8 coupled with the Laowa Medium Format converter - that combo has essentially the same optical formula but by eliminating the mount between converter and lens, the...
  5. ejpeiker

My first photo with the widest lens available for the 44x33 medium format sensor size, the Venus Optics Laowa 17mm f/4 (~13.5mm in 35mm full frame terms). This was taken this morning at Yaki Point in Grand Canyon National Park... GFX 50S, 17mm, ISO 100, f/8, 4s
  6. ejpeiker

Palouse Falls, XF-IQ3100, 28mm (3 horizontal shot vertical pano), ISO 50, f/11, 40s...
  7. ejpeiker

Laowa 17mm for the GFX review

Somebody posted a comparison shot and his impressions regarding that on the FB GFX Owners page. His conclusion, the Canon is slightly sharper in the center and the Laowa is significantly sharper as you get towards the edges. That said, the edge sharpness of the Laowa until you get to f/8 isn't...
  8. ejpeiker

Cullernose Point, Northumberland, England GFX 50S, 32-64mm @39mm, ISO 200, f/5.6 (focus stacked), 60 sec
  9. ejpeiker

the new version of fuji cameras gfx/r 50 II

Since there is no 50mp sensor other than the one already in use and such a sensor is not on anybody's roadmap, it's unlikely to see something like that. You would need a sensor that has phase detect AF on it, drastically faster read-out capability, 16 bit output channel and A/D converters, etc...
  10. ejpeiker

GFX 100 First Reactions

He was talking about lens FW which wouldn't have applied to your situation on a tech camera anyway.
  11. ejpeiker

Lone Tree at Buttermere II, Lake District, England GFX-50R, 32-64mm @ 38mm, ISO 100, f/5.6, 2s
  12. ejpeiker

Rydall Falls - Lake District, England GFX 50R, 32-64mm @ 40mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1s
  13. ejpeiker

Thank you!!! :) If you mean Georgia, no plans at the moment...
  14. ejpeiker

Ashness Bridge, Lake District, England GFX-50S, 32-64mm @ 51mm, ISO 100, f/10, 4s
  15. ejpeiker

Lone Tree at Buttermere - Lake District, England GFX-50R, 32-64mm @ 43mm, ISO 100, f/8, 3s