The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by FoodShooter

1. F

The way life used to be...

Having worked with a bunch of those cameras when they were not exactly 'new' but at least 'current', I'll have to consider my self a vintage photographer. :ROTFL:
  2. F

Client images - show your paid work!

Thanks for taking the time to explain your process. I don't personally do a lot of post production so I'm always fascinated with what can be done. Forgot to compliment you earlier on how well you handled this large group of people (presumably non professionals?). I know it's not easy and it's...
  3. F

Very nice work and an interesting edit...almost has a HD feel to it I think because of the 'open-ness' or illumination. Without giving away any secrets, care to elaborate on the processing?
  4. F

Studio Tripod? Which One?

Nothing better, imo and used, they're 'practically' free. Seems people don't know what they are anymore. I use a Gitzo Studex with a geared column btw on location. Far from light, but steady as a rock.
  5. F

Calumet bankruptcies

Sorry to see them go, I've done business with them for a very long time. Hope the former employees land on their feet somehow. And Don, you reminded me...I had a restaurant chain client that went chapter 7, with managers literally asking diners to leave their meals on the table and exit the...
  6. F

Old Lenses for Sony

Not having to do with the Sony exactly, but I was quite surprised at how good some old lenses were... http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/49463-my-lens-experiment-today-surprised-me.html
  7. F

Calumet Closes Its Doors

Sad. Got my first Calumet catalog in the mid 70's and have shopped with them ever since. Difficult business model I suppose, the store nearest me was recently overhauled to look like an Apple store- they spent a fortune. Each time I was in there there'd only be a few other shoppers and it didn't...
  8. F

And it shows... you do it very well. Nice job.
  9. F

And for anyone that might find this interesting, we still shoot to layouts provided (we use them as an overlay in live-view).
  10. F

Reminder why I shoot 36mpx and above

My experiences are similar. I still shoot with a leaf valeo (22MP). Lots of billboards produced as well as truck graphics similar to what you've shown. I don't get involved with the production end of things beyond handing off the files, and so far, everything has looked very good (even at a...
  11. F

Thanks, as you know it can be time consuming. Small world, I've done some Unilever as well, but not for a while. I should have shared a bit of background. Shooting with my old school Valeo 22 on a Cambo Ultima/Speedotrons in a North Light bank typically with a Norman fresnel thrown in from time...
  12. F

Fun idea for a thread :) Hope this isn't too many.
  13. F

Just Like the Pros - Almost! (Funny)

"ummm...cut" :facesmack:
  14. F

My lens experiment today surprised me.

Glad I could help! (Gives me hope too ;))