The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Geoff

1. G

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

I too long for the analog experience, and love film, but with too much going on, the hassles of film just don't work for me. That may change, but for now, I like using a digital back on an older view camera - such as a TK23. Get all the analog fun, and use of cheap LF lenses (with good quality...
  2. G

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

A very good and warm, heartfelt story. Thank you. And to the broader community - a few more of these more positive outlooks please!
  3. G

Paul - please, please, give it a rest. You've made your point, many times. We get it. Can we please move on? Thank you.
  4. G

Photographing in visually complex places.

The questions are solid but my process doesn’t quite fit. Often go out with an idea and approach, but then while shooting, something triggers the imagination to a different approach. Upon returning home and processing, shots are subject to the questions, and those that pass are typically the...
  5. G

Please advise the esteemed forum members which technical camera system I should invest in for landscape photography

One thought - when first getting into tech cameras, I was convinced for the need of shifting in both vertical and horizontal. No doubt about it. Worked with the Cambo, a perfectly lovely camera, but we never became good friends. Got into the STC, and find (like Dave) it fulfills most all needs -...
  6. G

Smacks of young MBAs trying to show how smart they are: optimize quick growth of profits now and tomorrow doesn’t matter.
  7. G

Little review of Apo Digitar 5,6/100 mm

Can't recall - either 15 or 20mm...
  8. G

Little review of Apo Digitar 5,6/100 mm

100 Digitar against the 120 ASPH. The overall view is with 100mm, stitched 9 shots, although foreground is cropped out. The other is both lenses at full crop, the 120mm a bit sharper, although the 100mm is much more compact. Maybe not at the 120mm level, but plenty good.
  9. G

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

With caution, here are a thoughts on this thread and controversy. Stepping back, one question to be asked is: "is this a little problem or a big problem?" It seems the differing conclusions come from very different perspectives. Initially, it wasn't clear this was a big problem - some have...
  10. G

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Can we call this a wrap, please?
  11. G

Hello again - Boulder, Co

Funny about that. My version was from about 15 years ago, with a short jaunt up a small hill at about 12,000' carrying a Hy6 and no other provisions (no water, no coat, no food), as I was on vacation from my very preparation-conscious wife, and therefore basking in willful freedom. Everyone...
  12. G

YT: Hasselblad 907x & CFV 100c - A journey with Ian Atkinson on location with Technical cameras

Ian - Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We try to maintain a friendly disposition here, and hopefully that will continue sorting through this issue. Several people have found banding, so something going on... Can you clarify what you mean by maximum movements...
  13. G

Traveling the south of the US on two-lane highways and country roads

Totally missed this. Wonderful work - well done. Captured many things about the American landscape with lovely balance. Glad to have seen this all!
  14. G

YT: Hasselblad 907x & CFV 100c - A journey with Ian Atkinson on location with Technical cameras

They are promotional, and enjoyable. My understanding from Paula at Linhof Studio was that she had just become aware of the banding problem and was in touch with Hassy about it. Not likely they were aware of it when the video was made.
  15. G

Fun with MF images 2024

wintry day... X + 45P. Love that texture.