The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by GMB

1. GMB

Filtersystem for MF

Viert. LEE also offered a 95 mm adapter ring and the holder was still in the field of view. BTW, I now ordered the LEE push on holder. It it works, and I assume it does, I will get the Haida filters for that.
  2. GMB

Filtersystem for MF

As mentioned, it is for the S007. I am now leaning towards the Haida 100 mm filters. I ordered the Lee Push on to make it work on the S 24 and S 30-90. The Wine Country system looks great but (a) is very expensive and, more importantly, (b) would not solve my proble with these two lenses. I...
  3. GMB

Filtersystem for MF

Thanks for the helpful comments so far. My choice of Haida was based on this test https://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2017/07/nd-filters/ and On the fact that their new holder should work on the 24 mm S lens and takes magnetic filters. It’s a 150 mm system and thus bigger than the 100 mm systems.
  4. GMB

Filtersystem for MF

Hi. I am in the process of buying a filter system for my S007. In particular, a 6 stop ND as well as 3 stop soft, hard, and reverse GND. I am leaning towards the Haida M15 system. Does anyone have experience with that system? How useful do you think pol filters are for landscape (I have...
  5. GMB

ISO recomendation studio light for MF

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. Much appreciated. I am currently revisiting my decision and may in fact to for strobes. I just thought that continuous light would be easier to handle, in particular as I do not have the leaf shutter S lenses.
  6. GMB

ISO recomendation studio light for MF

I am shooting with the Leica S007 (as well as the Leica M10M). I want to experiment with studio portrait photography and I am confused what best to get as the main light, which I want to to be able to modify as a soft light as well as a hard light. I would prefer continuous light over strobes...
  7. GMB

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Summer evening in Sweden. S007 Vario 30-90
  8. GMB

Fun w/Digital M Images

M10 24/2.8 The importance of posting you were there.
  9. GMB

Looking for advice on portrait project

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I do not have the CS lenses. I will see how things can work out.
  10. GMB

Looking for advice on portrait project

I would like to shoot portraits of owners of small shops and business in my area for an exhibition. Ideally, I would like to use the Leica S (006) with a 35 mm lens. The shots will be inside their business. The subjects will be either sitting or standing. These will be full body shots and...
  11. GMB

What are your plans during this time of chaos and social distancing?

We were ready to head off next week with our camper truck to Russia, the Stans, and Mongolia for six months. Obviously, everything cancelled and we are now stuck in in our house in Brussels. No idea when we can travel again. Still, we were lucky that the crisis did not start a few month later...
  12. GMB

Leica S3 released today March 6, 2020 - new review

Thanks for the review. One question, if I may. You write "The S Typ 006 and S Typ 007 already delivered superb image quality and easy operation. The S3 improves on them noticeably." Could you please expand on that. Where exactly is the noticeable improvement and how does it play out in...
  13. GMB

Leica S3

So here’s the question to the Beta testers: I have been an early adopter of the S system. S2 and then S006. I skipped the 007. Now stay with the 006, get a 007 (used or new; some new still on offer) or take the plunge for the S3. If money were no object, the choice seems clear. But it IS a...
  14. GMB

Will the S3 be DOA?

My information is that the price will be the same as for the S007. At least that’s what a Leica rep who should know said to me few weeks ago. Release end of March and specs as announced. He also said that. But who knows...
  15. GMB

My Take on the Leica SL2

Thanks very much for the vert informative and entertaining “review”. Excellent piece as always. Just wondering what you offer to your dog to be such a patient sitter. I never get ours to sit for more than 5 seconds.