The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Godfrey

1. Godfrey

Puzzled at the Abysmal Performance of Hasselblad's Phocus Software (Why all the praise?)

I only use Phocus occasionally, mostly because I'm happier with my Lightroom Classic workflow, but it works with decent performance on my 2019 Mac mini (3.2 Ghz 6-core Intel Core i7, 32G RAM, lots of free space on the boot drive, data stored on an external drive connected with USB 3.1, macOS...
  2. Godfrey

Best 907X Accessory I have found...

Looks similar to the Elvid Opti-View 50 for 3.2" screen that I bought, but at a third the price. The Elvid has a two-part rigid body and affixes to the camera magnetically via a metal frame that glues itself to the LCD surround. Because of the small step in the 907x display framing, I cut one...
  3. Godfrey

Setting up a repro stand

I use a Novoflex "Magic" copy stand. This has two benefits: I can use it with either my hardwood desktop (1.25" thick") or my rollaway file drawer unit (top wooden surface 3/4" thick). I have measured to assure that it is exactly perpendicular side to side, and adjust the fore/back angle with...
  4. Godfrey

Setting up a repro stand

I've not got any 4x5 negatives to work with, but I've done a lot of negative copying from Minox 8x11mm to 6x9cm roll film. Over the years, I've tested a good range of different lenses, both camera and enlarger mounts. Some enlarger lenses work well, but I find that a good macro lens (Nikon...
  5. Godfrey

Fun with "Obsolete" Nikons

Lovely photos, Dave. And that's a quotable line. :) :) G
  6. Godfrey

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Had the camera with me on my Saturday morning bicycle ride in the morning's overcast and stopped to capture a current view of a path I ride down almost every week. A Path at Guadalupe River Park - San Jose 2022 Leica M10 Monochrom + MS Optical Aporia 24mm f/2 ISO 360 @ f/5.6 @ 1/250 The area...
  7. Godfrey

Fun with Light L16

The problem is that the firmware updates for the L16 were hosted by and installed directly from the light.co server, if I recall correctly.I don't recall Light.co supplying the firmware as a downloadable file that I could store on my desktop system; if they did, I'd have it. I do have the last...
  8. Godfrey

Ideas for post workflow with Hassey 907x-cfv ii 50c and xcd 21mm lens

I have no problems using Lightroom alone for the 907x raw files when I'm not being absolutely critical about wanting all the Phocus lens corrections. When I am, I use Phocus and output TIFF files at 16bit per component for finalization in Lightroom. I would say that I find myself using Phocus...
  9. Godfrey

Suggestions for Carrying Case for Hassey 907x-cfv ii 50c + xcd 21mm Lens

For a shooting shoulder bag, the Billingham "Alice" L2 is perfect for carrying just the 907x + XCD 21mm, with a big front pocket for accessories (batteries, remote, etc). Another bag that works well if I'm going to do a lot of walking with a minimal 907x/21mm camera kit is a Wotancraft...
  10. Godfrey

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Civic Plaza Building 1 - Santa Clara 2022 Leica M10 Monochrom + Summilux 35mm f/1.4 ISO 160 @ f/2.8 @ 1/125 enjoy! G
  11. Godfrey

WTB: Digital Back for Hasselblad V

I don't know much about the Phase One or Leaf digital backs. I use my Hasselblad 500CM bodies with the Hasselblad CFVII 50c ... This back suits the Hasselblad V system SLRs beautifully and works seamlessly with no fuss or synchronization connections required. It is part of the Hasselblad 907x...
  12. Godfrey

Fun with Light L16

Very true, but the Light L16 does not have a user-removable battery pack... which means that if I wanted to do that, I'd have to figure out how to take the camera apart cleanly AND put it back together. While certainly doable, it's not something I'm liable to do ... sort of like servicing an...
  13. Godfrey

Fun with Light L16

Sad but probably the right thing to do. I continue on with mine, occasionally, because I've got a good setup to use it with that works. But it's sadly way past its due date and will ultimately become a shelf queen when the battery no longer holds enough of a charge to be practical in use. I've...
  14. Godfrey

Hasselblad 907x sold out

Hmm. I've not found much problem shooting with the M10 Monochrom at longish exposures hand-held... and with the 907x. G
  15. Godfrey

Need more confidence when returning to developing

Oh yes: I have one of the film changing tents as well. It's a great alternative to a changing bag, but quite a bit more money. Personally, I prefer the daylight loading tanks, most of the time, from Agfa and the similar in concept Ars-Imago Lab Box. Amazon carries these, they're about $200...