The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Godfrey

1. Godfrey

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Five months of Polaroid photos ... Walking in the Neighborhood 2021 Click image to see video presentation on YouTube. Enjoy! G
  2. Godfrey

Crop factor on 36.7 x 49 mm CCD sensor

You're welcome. BTW: The tool also has a pre-packaged selection for the CFV39 format, same as the H5D-50. Using the 80mm lens you mentioned, the calculated FoV is: Width = 36.8 mm, Length = 49.1 mm, Diagonal = 61.36 mm f Hor Vert Diag H/V 80.0 34.1199 25.9055...
  3. Godfrey

Epson 3880 colour management issue: prints look like they were assigned from Prophoto to sRGB

I have an Epson P600. I've found that the latest couple of Epson print driver packages on macOS Big Sur produce results that are way off the mark. I believe it is a problem with the EPSON Color Controls and their paper profiles. What I found is that, in LR and PS, changing my old settings to...
  4. Godfrey

Is not too difficult with Rui Salguerio's "Angle of View" calculator. - Input a set of focal lengths - Select a standard 6x6 format .. say "50 80 120 150" - press the "Submit Request" button to get a list Width = 56 mm, Length = 56 mm, Diagonal = 79.196 mm f Hor Vert Diag...
  5. Godfrey

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

My experiment with Ilford Harmann Direct Positive Paper as a sheet film ... Birdhouse - Santa Clara 2021 Locked Gate - Santa Clara 2021 Mamiya Press 23 Super, sheet film back Sekor 65mm f/5.6 lens Ilford Harmann Direct Positive paper in Ilford Multigrade developer ISO 3 @ f/11 @ 1 second...
  6. Godfrey

Medium Format and Coffee

Hmm. I've never tried that Dave. Perhaps I will at coffee time this afternoon. :D G
  7. Godfrey

You can use an online FoV calculator (like this one: Rui Salgueiro's field-of-view calculator) to input a standard format and a range of focal lengths, generate a listing of the H, V, and D angles, and then change the input to whatever format you want to assess equivalences for, a range of focal...
  8. Godfrey

Hasselblad: Phocus Or Lightroom

Start a new thread and do tell us what you feel is 'incorrect information about ETTR' ... Why else do we have a photographic discussion board? G
  9. Godfrey

Following on... Do be aware that "ETTR" is a rather simplistic rule-of-thumb that was important at the beginning of the digital capture era in photography, when pixel counts were low and sensor dynamic range was more limited than now. The idea is that a digital capture sensor is a linear...
  10. Godfrey

What I do, with every camera, is test the metering calibration. - set up a tri-tone chart and the camera such that the chart fills the frame and divides it roughly into thirds - set the camera to manual exposure - use a hand-held incident meter to read the light falling on the chart and compare...
  11. Godfrey

That makes sense ... LR has always had the shortcut to open a file in PS, although I haven't used Photoshop since about PS 5 and I never used anything like the 'content aware fill' that later versions include. I do all my image rendering work in Lightroom, unless I use Phocus first to import...
  12. Godfrey

Exactly what "content aware processing" are you referring to? I've never seen anything that was content aware in LR, and the only supposedly content-aware processing I see in the LR Classic latest rev is the ability to quote-unquote "intelligently uprez" image files (which I use the...
  13. Godfrey

WTB: Hasselblad 500CM

That seems to be the current going rate for a 500CM with screen and WL finder—sometimes an A12 back—now. Add a Planar 80mm and they seem to go for about $200-400 more.
  14. Godfrey

IPhone Photos

It seems like it's been forever since I posted any photos...! The past couple of months have been very busy with other distractions, and there is also a huge stack of instant film prints to scan and render... But yesterday, on my afternoon walk, I walked by a nearby construction fence for...