The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Godfrey

1. Godfrey

FT: Hasselblad 907x/CFVII 50c "Moon" edition trade for Leica M10-R ...

Anyone interested to trade a very clean Leica M10-R body for my very clean condition Hasselblad 907x/CFVII 50c "On the Moon since 1969" body (plus spare batteries, external charger, remote)? I'd also be interested to sell the Hasselblad kit outright at the right pricing. I have Hasselblad XCD...
  2. Godfrey

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

I continue my walks with camera and "oddball" lenses. This time a rather rare beast: a Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Special. This lens has the same optics as the Pentax-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited that I loved when I worked with Pentax cameras … it was one of the special lenses that I almost kept a Pentax...
  3. Godfrey

That's marvelous, Pegelli! :D G
  4. Godfrey

macOS Ventura: is it safe ?

I'm running macOS Ventura on a 2018-2019 Mac mini (i7 6-core), 32G RAM, 1T boot drive.
  5. Godfrey

Hmm. I tried that, Carl, and it seems to be working fine on my system (not that I use much in way of external editing services, but all my configurations are intact). So far, I haven't seen any issues at all with LR Classic. G
  6. Godfrey

bottom of the XF

ah, thank you. wasn't anything i was familiar with! G
  7. Godfrey

bottom of the XF

What is an XF? Sorry, not familiar with Fuji line of cameras and bodies. When I hunt on B&H, all I get is lenses with XF in the name... :)
  8. Godfrey

Share your Tree Photos

Lovely tones in this photo! :) G
  9. Godfrey

Just installed macOS X 13.0.1 Ventura today. So far, no problems with any of the software I use. G
  10. Godfrey

Another fun set from lens testing ... I saw a review on the Lomography "Lomo LC-A Minitar Art Lens 32mm f/2.8" that piqued my curiosity. This is a small, light, inexpensive lens, same or similar, I believe, to what is fitted on the "infamous" Lomo 35mm compact camera, housed in a metal M-mount...
  11. Godfrey

I pulled out my cheap, old, Nikon F mount Sigma 600mm f/8 mirror lens, stuck it on the appropriate set of adapters, and hung the Leica M10 Monochrom off the back with the Visoflex 020 EVF fitted. Put in an Orange filter, set it on the tripod, and did a few test shots … a couple in the near field...
  12. Godfrey

Post-processing TIFF vs. RAW - big differences? Phocus > C1 vs just using Lightroom

I have done this with other cameras, and when scanning film, for years. The key is to get as much of the "close to the edge" adjustments done in the raw conversion to TIFF process, and then to finish the rendering lightly in TIFF. The TIFF file should be most of the way to finished when you...
  13. Godfrey

Is the new iPhone 14 pro max as good as a camera?

My iPhone 11 Pro is a good phone, and a decent camera, and a useful, versatile device for working with messages, navigation, health and nutrition tracking, etc. To conjecture that it somehow ought to be compared to a dedicated, high-quality camera is, I think, a bit silly ... at least for a...
  14. Godfrey

I went for a walk on Sunday, 06 November, with the Leica M10 Monochom fitted with Color Skopar 21mm f/3.5. It was a bit of a gray day, and I was feeling the mood. I put the stills together into a video: If you'd prefer to look at the still photos alone, see: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAesR1 best, G
  15. Godfrey

How about some portraits

Jack, Minox B: Thumbs Up! by Godfrey DiGiorgi, on Flickr