The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by harmsr

1. H

Olympus magnification and peaking for manual focus - NEED HELP

Just talked to Olympus support and seemed to surprise them with the issue. Their temporary fix is what I already did, of assigning a button to MF if I want to magnify and peak with the 17/1.8. Evidently the 17 works normal as the 12-40 on other cameras vs. the Pen F. The firmware for the...
  2. H

It works if I assign MF via menu or dedicate a button to it. Just seems weird. The 17 switches to MF with the lens ring switch, but does not magnify or focus peak unless assigned to MF via menu or button. The 12-40 does everything it should just by moving the lens ring switch.
  3. H

I just bought a Pen-F for vacations and have been having fun setting it up, but I'm having a problem with manual focus. I only bought 2 lenses. The 12-40 Pro and the 17/1.8. Both lenses have the manual ring on them to switch between AF and MF. The 12-40 reacts exactly as I would expect for...
  4. H

Fun with the Leica Q

Finally getting used to the 28mm vs. 35mm for these kind of shots. I think the Storm trooper took a wrong turn in the time machine.
  5. H

RX1R II vs Leica Q & RX1R

I have both cameras and shoot in AF with focus point moved by me. Honestly, I've had very few missed focus shots with either camera. Speed of use for moving focus point is hands down better on the Leica. The AF speed of the Leica is a huge jump better than the Sony. It reminds me of the...
  6. H

Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

Vivek, Thanks for posting this. Mine is affected also, although to be honest I never it saw the issue in real pictures. I'm trying to get it turned around for the replacement camera quickly. Just got off the phone with Sony. I'm planning on taking the both the RX1r ii and the Q to China...
  7. H

Two different views on the Leica SL

I have to say that I have NOTHING of that issue. To be honest, I thought the 24-90 was going to be too HUGE for me to enjoy using initially. Since then, I have come to the conclusion that it appears to be the BEST zoom I have ever used. It basically covers the 3 primes I would use 90% of the...
  8. H

Rx1r2

RRS just started taking pre-orders on the plate & grip for the RX1r ii. It was what made the camera fit for me when I had the RX1r.
  9. H

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

I'm torn on the decision. I currently have both. I shoot concerts, musicians, CD covers. My previous kit was Nikon D810, 35 SigArt, 50 SigArt, and Nikon 85. Obviously I'm close and not using the 70-200. I also used an M240 with either the 50 APO or 50 Nocti and the original RX1r. I...
  10. H

The pocket sized 300mm

I can't wait to get one of these. I sold my 70-200, since I was always using it 200 only & wanted both better IQ / longer reach. This would probably fit my Nikon world travel kit on Jack's other thread. My Nikon kit is a D810 with the 35 Sig ART, 50 Sig ART, Nikon 85/1.4, and then this new...
  11. H

Fun with the Leica T

Definitely stay away from the wrist strap. Way too short.
  12. H

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Fuji X100T in Jerome AZ
  13. H

Fun with the Leica T

A couple more shots
  14. H

Fun with the Leica T

A few shots at the GoodGuys Nationals here in Phoenix a few weeks ago, with the T & 23 Summicron. Love how the lens and sensor renders.
  15. H

Did the Sony A7R make you say goodbye...

Got to agree with Jono & Mark. I've sold the Sony A7/A7R gear, as I just didn't enjoy the experience. For where I can use them, my favorites are the M240/0.95 Nocti & RX1r. Ray