The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jeffery Salter

1. J

New P1 Industrial System - New Sony Sensor

:cry::facesmack: Love to see anything you have ever invented.
  2. J

Schneider Kreuznach LS lens vs Schneider Kreuznach LS "Blue Ring" Fairy Tale

Re: Schneider Kreuznach LS lens vs Schneider Kreuznach LS "Blue Ring" Fairy Tale Hi Judge, What exactly is your point? If you don’t need a Blue Ring lens for your type of photography, then don’t buy one. Otherwise if the purpose of your posts is just to rant about photography equipment...
  3. J

Schneider Kreuznach LS lens vs Schneider Kreuznach LS "Blue Ring" Fairy Tale

Re: Schneider Kreuznach LS lens vs Schneider Kreuznach LS "Blue Ring" Fairy Tale Hi Narikin, If it isn’t too much trouble could you please be so kind as to post a photo taken with your Otus and one taken with the same focal length BR lens? Thank you, Jeffery
  4. J

IQ150...who is buying it now ?

We will have to agree to disagree. If the equipment a photographer uses produces the images they like or his/her clients appreciate. When does “obsolescence” have any relevance? I have a good friend who is a high end food and beverage photographer. We were having dinner at his studio and...
  5. J

IQ150...who is buying it now ?

It's a false equivalence to compare a 10 year CCD digital medium format back with the latest DSLR. I see it as a binary choice where the decision is made by first deciding on what wants to say or capture in an image. Personally some days it's Medium format digital other days it's a DSLR...
  6. J

XF Camera, Profoto Air Sync, non profoto strobes

That's exactly right. I just was about to edit my earlier post. When you sent yours in. Let me add that you can also reset the Air sync remotes back to factory specs. 1. Press and hold the "On" and "mode" simultaneously for a few seconds.
  7. J

XF Camera, Profoto Air Sync, non profoto strobes

Hi Did you go under capture in the menu and turn on the profoto air function on the XF camera? It should look like the photo below. I use channel four of course you can use whether channel prefer. J
  8. J

Closing threads

Do you know how many photojournalists working for mainstream media have died covering stories around the world? http://www.timhetheringtontrust.org/ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379185/Tim-Hetherington-Last-picture-photographer-killed-Libya.html...
  9. J

Technical Camera Images

Perfect! I'm sure the watch company loves you. Curious to know how long it takes from capturing the watch on set to outputting the image to the client's specs? thanks for sharing, Jeffery
  10. J

Technical Camera Images

Hi, You really nailed the lighting on this one. I love how you handled the contrast range, the dark tones of the waist band to the extreme highlights of the gold metal on the watch. Well done.
  11. J

Phase One V Grip

Actually. This a good time to remember Photography 101. Elbows in when holding a camera for the most stability. The new v-grip looks great and very functional. I look forward to checking it out in person.
  12. J

Phase One XF Feature Update #3

I was really hoping to having a relaxing holiday! Super stroked with the firmware update and new v-grip. The full Profoto air remote in the xf body is a slam dunk. And congrats to Phase One for the electronic shutter in the IQ1 300. More tools to help you create even better images. After...
  13. J

IQ3 100MP long exposure issue - shadow filled with red color cast

Thank you Void. Good luck with your project. I'm not sure if and when I will utilize your way of shooting, but it's always nice to have an extra tool in the visual kit. Jeffery
  14. J

IQ3 100MP long exposure issue - shadow filled with red color cast

Could you please show us a real life image? It would be interesting to see the photography series or project you are working on. Just to be clear, it involves extreme under exposure, shooting in aerial mode and lifting the shadows 100% in capture one? Thank you, Jeffery
  15. J

WOW!!! Now this guy has a kit!!!

It's great to see a fellow photographer doing well. I really enjoyed the video and it was fun to observe how a photographer works on a big production shoot for a premium brand, like Porsche. He does have some serious glass. I haven't added a waist level finder to my kit, but it's on my...