The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jim Tardio

1. J

WTB: Sony RX10lll

Looking to buy a used, Sony RX10 lll. I would prefer something in the 9 - 9+ range but will look at anything. Also would prefer to have the box and all accessories included. Looking to pay $1000.00 to $1200.00. Let me know if you have one you'd like to part with. Thanks. Jim
  2. J

X100T in Istanbul

Returned recently from Istanbul where it was a pleasure to use my X100T. What a fantastic city! Here are some shots. https://jimtardio.exposure.co/istanbul
  3. J

Sony A7ll with the 16-70/4 Zeiss Zoom

Yeah, not a stellar review. I was just looking for a vacation alternative. I've decided to take just my Fuji x100T along with a Sony A6000 and Sigma 60/2.8. I can live with 35mm & 90mm.
  4. J

Well, Bob used to be Nikon exclusively and switched to Sony. He explains it here: National Geographic photographer Bob Krist explains why he moved to Sony. | sonyalpharumors.
  5. J

Interesting to hear. I figured it was a good combo since I saw that Bob Krist was using it for his work. He is using it on an A7s, however, along with an RX10 for professional work. Here is the link: It’s in the Bag | Old Man in Motion
  6. J

Is anybody using this combo? I realize it will be cropped to a 24-105 range on the A7ll, but I like that range for traveling. Any thoughts on this lens in general? Thanks for any help.
  7. J

Sony travel the world kit

No Sony, but I'm visiting Istanbul in a few weeks with just my Fuji X100T. Been doing this for years and I'm tired of all the gear lugging. If I'm not completely satisfied with the Fuji, I'll switch it for a Sony A7ll with the 35mm Zeiss.
  8. J

FS: Fuji VG-XT1 grip for XT-1

For Sale: A brand new Fuji VG-XT1 grip for the the Fuji XT-1 (of course). Still in the box and never used. It came from B&H as part of the promotion with my XT-1 and I have no use for it. Price is $199.00 shipped & paypal'd in the USA only. Save yourself $50.00...this one is BRAND NEW...
  9. J

A full public apology to Guy Mancuso

I think you can give that label to many folks here. It's easy to see which forum is the most popular. It's usually the one that has released the latest camera. No offense intended :)
  10. J

A7s!

I dunno...the more I consider it the more I think it's better just to get the A7 and save $1000.00. You have to ask yourself how often you're going to shoot at these super high ISOs.
  11. J

A7s!

Very tempting. I can envision a small kit with the A7s, Voigtlander 15, 40 & 75mm lenses.
  12. J

FS: Panasonic 14/2.5 for m4/3s...$160.00

Lens has been sold.
  13. J

FS: Panasonic 14/2.5 for m4/3s...$160.00

FOR SALE: A Panasonic 14/2.5 Lens for m4/3s cameras (black). Lens is in LIKE NEW condition. I used it maybe 3 times. It came as part of a kit so there is no box. It does come with both Panasonic caps. Not a mark on it and it functions perfectly. Price is $160.00 shipped and Paypal'd in the USA...
  14. J

Rome with the GX-7 & 12-32 Lens.

Thanks, Guys...the little zoom is fantastic.
  15. J

Rome with the GX-7 & 12-32 Lens.

Thanks, Phil. It's the newer 12-32 lens. It has a manual zoom ring...not a switch.