The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by JimBuchanan

1. JimBuchanan

New A7II Users Reports

Any comment on the ZM 25/2.8?
  2. JimBuchanan

A7/r lens recommendations 90-135mm

For 135mm, I use a Tele Elmar M 135/4, with a calibrated Metabones M to E adapter.
  3. JimBuchanan

Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50/1.5 in NEX mount

Item is sold. Thank You.
  4. JimBuchanan

Zeiss Opton Sonnar 50/1.5 in NEX mount

Recent purchases are forcing the sale of this unique vintage Sonnar 50/1.5 in Sony NEX mount. The lens was produced by Zeiss Opton around 1950 at the Oberkochen facility. It has the T coatings and the glass is in very good shape with no cleaning marks. The Zeiss glass from this period had...
  5. JimBuchanan

Minty Zeiss 50mm ZM C Sonnar in Chrome with Hood (Price drop every day)

So, would that be a sell price of $890?
  6. JimBuchanan

NEX-6 discussion

As a NEX-7 user with the latest firmware and LR with the Flat Field plug-in, I'm still interested in the image quality of the NEX-6 and rangefinder wides such as the C-V 15/4.5. The link to a full sized image looks pretty good, but is a NEX-6 OOC jpg doctored in any way? it would be nice to...
  7. JimBuchanan

Questions: MF lens methodology on the NEX 7

While the LCD will tilt all the way out for over the head use, you are probably refering to waist level use, looking down at the LCD? If that is the practice 100% of the time, then maybe the grip will not help, but I don't think the grip will hender control of the camera.
  8. JimBuchanan

Questions: MF lens methodology on the NEX 7

While I do have a Sigma 30, I use mostly MF lenses with AF/MF button set to MF Assist. I use the EVF mostly at the first magnification. Early on, I had a problem with hand and finger placement on the NEX-7 and felt I had the best control when the camera was sitting high in my right hand. I...
  9. JimBuchanan

Anyone using Elmarit 135mms?

Some authorities claim the Tele-Elmar 135/4 is better optically than the 135/2.8, but I'm sure it performs well. I have had 2 Tele-Elmar 135/4's for years. One in its native M mount and a special Tele-Elmar in EF mount. It is almost APO performance and is about optimum at one stop down at f/5.6.
  10. JimBuchanan

Bullish on Sony

Even though the NEX-7 doesn't perform well with my M mount wides, I'm still bullish on the NEX-7. I never used a NEX-5n, so I can't comment, only that the user interface and EVF of the 7 is important to me. I also think I'm not missing anything yet as far as Fuji is concerned. I too have a...
  11. JimBuchanan

NEX-7, what's the verdict now?

When I made the choice, I chose the larger sensor.
  12. JimBuchanan

Leica 35mm Summicron M ASPH black

Reduced to $2320 shipped in US, net. Ask for outside US shipping.
  13. JimBuchanan

Leica 35mm Summicron M ASPH black

Reduced to $2375 shipped in US, net.