The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Joe S

1. J

Why do they do it this way? Sony and their intro prices.

Was there a point to this post?
  2. J

Zeiss FE Mount Manual Lens Rumors

Why do these lenses seen so gigantic compared to my Leica f2 35 and 50mm lenses with 39mm filters?
  3. J

B&W with A7(r) vs. M240 vs. MM

Interesting times. I only work in black and white but can't imagine giving up the controls available with a 3 channel conversion for a baked in process or going back to filters. I remember many years ago in the shoot film/scan/photoshop era a noted black and white photographer shot color...
  4. J

Michael, thanks for the information. If I understand correctly each camera maker would have their own formula, JPEG like, for the tonal interpretations of colors. I suppose it would be possible for a manufacturer to have a choice of several B&W formulas to choose from in firmware although I...
  5. J

It seems to me that the lack of three color channels in the MM for a black and white conversion would be a serious loss in creative black and white images. The same for the rumored Sony version. Basically trading tonal controls for resolution. Would someone familiar with both comment on this?
  6. J

Photoshop goes subscription only

That's an interesting option that I hadn't seen.
  7. J

Bower 8mm f2.8 fisheye $299 at B@H

B&H has reduced the price of the Bower Fisheye to $299. The Samyang/Rokinon/Bower are all the same lens with a different name. I have no experience with the others but my copy of the Bower is well built and seems to work well.
  8. J

Full frame NEX?

This is certainly true as many of us wait for the much needed improvement to the firmware of the NEX7. They seem to have no contact with photographers.
  9. J

NEX-7, what's the verdict now?

Thank you also. I have been wishing I could turn it off!
  10. J

NEX-7, what's the verdict now?

Great camera, still love it. But Sony please update your firmware which needs help, especially the stupid ill placed movie button.
  11. J

G Lens a pancake?

I have to go with good and compact...but hoping for affordable!
  12. J

G Lens a pancake?

True, but it was rated an SR5 or almost certainly correct so odds are very good. Hopefully it is good, compact and affordable.
  13. J

G Lens a pancake?

This sounds like a great and obvious direction. I think they will sell a ton if the quality is there and the price is reasonable. This would finally make the Nex 7 a walk around pocketable-ish camera with an autofocus. Should become the kit lens. I have been using mine happily with a 35...
  14. J

NEX7 & 50 f1.8

Thanks. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.
  15. J

NEX7 & 50 f1.8

Jono I have enjoyed you postings and images. I am curious about your relationship with your NEX 7. I believe I recall you were unhappy with it and sent it back at one time but obviously this has changed. Would you share your feelings about this? Thanks Joe