The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by JoelM

1. JoelM

Artful pics of flora...

Very nice, it really POPs. Joel
  2. JoelM

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

I have a IIIc with lenses and love it. The meter is accurate and then lens is sharp. The film counter is a bit wonky though. Joel
  3. JoelM

just a quick question to BW conversionists

You don't have to do that, but it makes it easier for sure and is what I use. I don't know if anyone is doing a conversion for MF cameras though. Joel
  4. JoelM

Fun with Sony Cameras 2021

Very film-like rendering, lovely! Joel
  5. JoelM

Colour vs. black and white

As much as I like B&W and often shoot it, I have to disagree. Plenty of color pics have soul. In another thought experiment: What if B&W film had never been invented and we went straight to color film. Do you think that B&W would have become a popular medium? Joel
  6. JoelM

Leica 50mm F1 v4 Noctilux

Minty sample of this fabulous Mandler lens. Comes with case, box, and all. Can post pics later on but this is a feeler. $6500 Thanks, Joel
  7. JoelM

SOLD - Zeiss 28mm/2.8 Biogon Silver ZM w/Zeiss Lens Shade 9+ $700 - SOLD

Beautiful condition and likely among the nicest out there. Very well cared for and as per usual, an excellent copy. All controls work as designed, clean aperture blades and glass. Only selling because I picked up a Leica 28mm ASPH. Only trade I am interested in would be a Voigtlander 50mm VM...
  8. JoelM

Fun with MF images 2021

Your beautiful shots really have me wanting that set up. Very inspiring Joe!
  9. JoelM

NEARLY ALL SOLD-Leica Accessories sale 60% and more off retail-new or old stock

Forum rules are that you are supposed to list prices. I don't want to go and research all the prices. That's the burden of the seller. Joel
  10. JoelM

I wish, I wish ...

I just go down the forum and click on what I want to see. For example, "Leica" and the new topics are bolded. I do this rather than click on New Posts. Takes a bit longer, but much easier and more specific to what I want to see. HTH, Joel
  11. JoelM

270mm lens for 8x10 camera.

You might try a WTB ad in the Buy/Sell section for better exposure. ;)
  12. JoelM

FS: Leica M monochrome 246

Is that brassing around the edges or just a reflection?
  13. JoelM

Price suggestion/Offer suggestion

Do a little research online as well. Google, eBay Sold, other shops.
  14. JoelM

Why is aperture backwards??

The apertures work similar by replicating distance by limiting the light into the camera. It's still by the square root of 2, but not exactly as the inverse square law. Joel