The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Jonathon Delacour

1. Jonathon Delacour

Positive Feedback

Member: Kit Laughlin Item: Cosina Voigtländer 28/3.5 Seller: Jonathon Delacour (me) A smooth and pleasurable transaction from beginning to end. I saw Kit's WTB ad for a CV Color-Skopar 28/3.5, which I had and was ready to sell. I PM'd Kit, he replied promptly, we agreed on a price, and he...
  2. Jonathon Delacour

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R Thanks for posting these. Great news about the Pen F 60/1.5 on the A7R. Have you tried the 38/3.5 Macro? Hopefully my A7R will arrive on Monday...
  3. Jonathon Delacour

Speed booster for NEX

Two great finds! Thank you.
  4. Jonathon Delacour

M-Hexanon RF 28mm f//2.8 lens

Just wanted to say how happy I am with this transaction: the lens arrived promptly, carefully packed, and in excellent condition. I highly recommend akptc as a seller.
  5. Jonathon Delacour

Sigma 30mm f2.8 DN

We're on the same page. I ordered the Sigma 3/2.8 for the same reason -- even though its 45mm EFoV doesn't fit my 35/75 ideal, if I'm constrained to using a single lens then 40-45mm on a full frame camera has always felt just right. I think purchasing the OM and F adapters was a really smart...
  6. Jonathon Delacour

Sigma 30mm f2.8 DN

+1 Vivek, the seed you planted seems to be flourishing. The Sigma 19/2.8 and 30/2.8 lenses aren't yet shipping in Australia but I was able to preorder both when I picked up my Sony 50/1.8 earlier in the week. I've settled on the 35mm and 75mm (EFoV) as my preferred focal lengths so the 50/1.8...
  7. Jonathon Delacour

Sigma 30mm f2.8 DN

I'd probably buy a Sigma 20/2.8 based on these results, which are more than acceptable given the low cost of the lens. I look forward to seeing more pictures made with this lens.
  8. Jonathon Delacour

Leica 2/90 R or C/Y 85 f1.4 ?

Actually, it's the Elmarit-R 90/2.8 lens that is very compact and light and about the size and weight of the Canon 85/1.8, whereas the Summicron-R lenses are about 25% heavier. I have (and use) the Elmarit-R 90/2.8, the Summilux-R 80/1.4, and the Contax C/Y 85/1.4. The APO-Summicron-R...
  9. Jonathon Delacour

Super cool new M to NEX adapter

Sold out. (15 adapters purchased in about 27 hours.)
  10. Jonathon Delacour

Super cool new M to NEX adapter

Douglas, thank you for the heads up. I was on the brink of selling my M-Rokkor 40/2 because the minimum focusing distance drove me crazy. When I tried to buy the Hawk's adapter ten days ago they were sold out but I sent Hawk a message asking when new stock would be available and he emailed me...
  11. Jonathon Delacour

m43rd Lumix Leica DG 25/1.4

Way more bulky! Yet bulky (and heavy) in a totally satisfying way. It's ironic that I abandoned Nikon bodies because they were too heavy and bulky but wound up with a Canon pro body. And if I were to go back to Nikon (unlikely, because hardly any 3rd party lenses can be adapted to Nikon bodies)...
  12. Jonathon Delacour

My bad, I should have expressed myself more clearly: I have Leica R to m4/3 adapters, I wanted a mirrorless body with a Leica R compatible mount and a 24x36 sensor. I got tired of the 2x FoV multiplier.
  13. Jonathon Delacour

Funny indeed! I replaced my Nikon DSLRs (too bulky and heavy) with the Panasonic kit (and a bunch of Pen F lenses). Then I started buying Leica R lenses in the expectation that Leica/Panasonic would announce a mirrorless body with a Leica R compatible mount at Photokina 2010. In my dreams. But...