The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Justinl

1. J

XAVC-S sd card?

That should be more than fast enough, I'm using these which are pricy but excellent. Personally with 50mbs recording I would go for the fastest possible write to help guard against dropped frames.
  2. J

New A7S

It was a Sony Refurb (same 1 year guarantee in excellent condition looked as good as new) and then I had a discount on top of that so lets put it this way it cost me less than £800 GBP
  3. J

New A7S

Hi all, Managed to pick up a dirt cheap Sony A7S, had no intention but it was too good to turn down :) Also just purchased the FE55 1.8 also cheap, managed to get it for £600 through Amazon and then a further £100 back from Sony so only £500. So now have the RX1R and he A7S no more camera gear...
  4. J

Tips for the A7

Hi, I found this Sony A7/A7R PDF manual posted on another forum, it may be useful to you. Justin
  5. J

Fun with the RX-1

Hi all, a few pics from the Harry Potter Studio set, will post more when I get a chance. One thing I learned trying to take pictures whilst being dragged around by my family is I must get a viewfinder, with the lighting conditions and how busy it was impossible to frame shots and judge focus...
  6. J

Fun with the RX-1

Thanks, appreciate it. Wish I had more time with the camera at the moment but work is manic so grabbing it when I can, hopefully though going to the Natural History Museum in London next week and also heading to Harry Potter World where the films were made in a few weeks, hopefully will be able...
  7. J

Fun with the RX-1

A few pictures of my children, just snaps really.
  8. J

Fun with the RX-1

The Photo's in this thread are stunning. I'm off for my first proper outing to the London Aquarium this morning, planning on pumping up the ISO should be challenging. Will post some pictures (if I manage to get any decent ones)
  9. J

so, when all is said and done...

Hi Back Alley, I totally understand where you are coming from. Personally to me the quality for me made the cost worth it. I sold a few older camera's so the actual cost wasn't too bad. I think with every camera you make compromises somewhere. I was seriously thinking of purchasing the XE-1 but...
  10. J

Fun with the RX-1

Thanks. It's a very interesting city with so much to see, it's such a diverse city with a mixture of old and new, I would classify it more as a mixture of towns and villages all within a vicinity with their own character and charm. Hope fully over the next few weeks I'll get far more use from...
  11. J

so, when all is said and done...

Thats a very subjective question, to combine such a stunning lens, with a top of the range full frame sensor in a hand built compact body how can it be not worth the money when it has not been done before. It isn't a camera for everyone, but Sony didn't intend it to be, it is an engineering...
  12. J

Fun with the RX-1

Joe, Many thanks for your tips, first thing I did was turn off the sound. The others I will try out. I took the camera for it's first outing yesterday to St Pauls and the Thames, only took a few pictures as the lighting wasn't great and I was at work.
  13. J

Fun with the RX-1

Hi all, after tons of research and debating I took the plunge and ordered an RX1. After seeing the picture quality on this thread and some other sites I couldn't resist. I have an NEX 6 but it was just lacking something for me, I also use the RX100 which I love. I live in the UK so the camera...
  14. J

NEX-6 discussion

How about a car, or a computer or a battery pack it gives tons more choices as it is using a standard micro usb connector for the charging cable! I am sure you will be able to buy a charging pack as an added accessory if you really need one. I find this a far more elegant solution than having a...
  15. J

NEX-6 discussion

Correct you charge directly through the camera now via micro usb. advantage is you can now charge the camera as long as you have access to a computer and usb or micro usb plug.