The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by MrSlezak

1. M

Anyone else using a Surface Pro 2 with Lightroom

I purchased a mini-displayport cable (Monoprice.com has them pretty cheap) and the Surface Pro 2 can drive my 30" monitor a 1600x2560 with no problem.
  2. M

Good to know the system refresh helped. I hope you end up liking yours more as time goes on; next to the Panasonic Let's Note J series I think this is my favorite.
  3. M

I have a Surface Pro 2, same config on storage & RAM - had it for going on six months and its my travel box with Photoshop (not a Lightroom user). Only real issue I had was getting use to the different between it and my Cintiq for stylus use. I'd buy another one in a heart beat if I needed a...
  4. M

Positive Feedback

Seller: jie Buyer: me Item: Noctilux-M 1:1/50mm - 11822 Easy to work with, quick answers to questions and a really nice job of packing the lens. Super happy with the whole process...
  5. M

FS: Leica Noctilux-M 1:1/50mm - 11822

PM sent...
  6. M

Positive Feedback

Seller: isuperfish Buyer: mrslezak Item: WATE 16/18/21 Details: Quick response time with answers to questions, great packing and quality item. Very happy! -M.
  7. M

CF Card Readers?

It's good to note, USB 3.0 support will require three pieces: -- Card reader -- Host controller -- Operating System support the last one is the part not on the market. Last I checked neither Apple or Microsoft offer USB 3.0 support in OS X or Windows 7. Could be a disti of Linux that does, not...
  8. M

CF Card Readers?

A few years back, I worked with both of the companies that make 80%(+) of the bridge chips for storage to BUS. They both tended to have a high end chip and mass market chipsets. From what I recall the only customers who bought the higher end chips also manufactured flash memory. The bulk of...
  9. M

New Windows PC

I've had great luck with product from the Dell Outlet; I hope you have the same!
  10. M

FS Leica M 50mm Summilux 2nd Version Mint

PM sent to Jeff
  11. M

Leica Scam via Kijiji

Same sort of scam is hitting Craigslist as well.
  12. M

WTB: 21mm lens for Leica-M (or similar)

Dang - looks like others have better offers extended...
  13. M

WTB: 21mm lens for Leica-M (or similar)

Private mail sent
  14. M

USB3 or eSATA?

Just to augment, not to argue with what Jack mentioned; eSATA has a variant, eSATAp, that is powered - and that beats 1394b @ S800. S1600 - should it or S3200 - ever come out in a set of products (host controllers and devices) then you'll have exceeded the bandwidth of the drive.