The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Novaron

1. N

LX7 Images

I haven't been at these forums but am planning to be a bit more frequent participant. I picked up a LX-7 a little over a month ago and am pleased with it in shooting music in night club settings. Here are some images. I am pleased with the LX-7 although I have not been going to get prints yet.
  2. N

Any Samsung TL 500/E1 users???

Lightroom 3.2 and Adobe Raw 6.2 support this camera which coincidentally I got from Adorama yesterday.
  3. N

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

Just want to say that I have Monza's adapter with my G90/2.8 and used it a lot when I was at the Pcono Blues Festival this past weekend. In addition to my mu43 lens, I used it and a Contax 50/1.4 on an EP-1L extensively. I have posted images from this past Friday night and Saturday (some are...
  4. N

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

Finally got the adapter and did some shooting with a Contax G90/2.8 it a a BBQ and blues picnic that was a charity fundraiser. Here are a few images.
  5. N

Why not something like this, Olympus?

I have a Fujifilm Finepix S100fs, which is the initial version of this camera (although only a 20X zoom. I fine it pretty good for a lot of settings, although low light isn't oneof them. The 200 model apparently has better low light capabilities and the newest Fuji will be been more imposing...
  6. N

New Oly m4/3 coming soon

Also the ergonomics are a factor compared to $500 in price and apparently IS is not quite as good.
  7. N

Fun with E-P2

With all this talk about the evf, one feature of the Panasopnic G1 that folk do not mention is the rotating lcd. There are some shots of Tony Bennett at JazzFest when I was far from stage and standing behind some tall folk that I would not have been able to get without rotating the lcd, holding...
  8. N

My DMC-G1 with manual focus lenses

Here are several shots from Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse with a group led by pianist David Torkanowsky and having Evan Christopher on clarinet. Germaine Bazzle is the vocalist. I used a Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 using Contax to 4/3 adapter and Panasonic 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter set to ISO of 800.
  9. N

Samyang 85mm f1.4 for micro 4/3

Hey I have an Olympus 520 that this may be useful for but neither B&H nor Adorama carries this lens.
  10. N

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

A couple months ago, right after getting my 20/ 1.7 Lumix lens I went to Washington DC's Eastern Market to see Donna Fletcher and Friends play some blues, country, folk and ragtime music. The Hound Dog was really shy.
  11. N

Panasonic G1 45-200mm

Here are images of pianist Lawrence Gilchrist and harmonica player Frederick Yonnet from this past September's Rossyln Jazz Festival.
  12. N

GF-1 and Sigma 50 mm f:1,4

My Zeiss Planar (for Contax SLR) 50/1.4 is a nice lens for this purpose as well. The following shot of John Boutté and Paul Sanchez was taken at the French Market a week ago or so with the G1 at ISO 500.
  13. N

Another one from my vacation in New Orleans from an exhibit the Ponderosa Stomp has at the Cabildo of the Lost heroes of Louisiana Rock and Roll, here is Fats Domino's piano with the background on the New Orleans piano tradition.
  14. N

I just checked and show the photos as open to everyone, but is that why when I linked the photos they did not show up in the message?
  15. N

Well after reading these forums for several months I have finally joined. My first picture is of a Christmas window in some French Quarter business in New Orleans reflecting the mania for the New Orleans Saints, an American football team. The Second picture is an interior shot of the historic...