The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by patk

1. P

New Mini M?

i have both. the rx1 and the x1 are not comparable for one reason as far as i'm concerned. i like to shoot longer rather than wider, so the chances of a 35mm focal length camera/lens becoming my weapon of choice are diminished to begin with. the x1 never became my go to camera. the rx1 has and...
  2. P

New Mini M?

the new lunar is on amazon and it's definitely amazin'. i would hope hasselblad had its tongue in cheek, but i think it's more likely it had its brains where they don't belong. i did think you were being jocular re your specs comment, but then i find even steve huff (who i don't think was...
  3. P

New Mini M?

specs can make a difference depending on what you're interested in photographing. slow lens and no image stabilization can also be problematic for anyone hoping to take a few indoor family and friends video clips. i don't know why people keep throwing the rx1 in as a comparison. aren't they...
  4. P

New Mini M?

steve huff now has what he feels are all the specs on his site. says the info came from four "official" sources and he decided to go ahead and publish, since he doesn't have an nda with leica. all worst fears confirmed.
  5. P

New Mini M?

truly disappointing.
  6. P

New Mini M?

leica rumors is now claiming the original leaked specs are correct after all. i am getting that move along nothing to see feeling. :(
  7. P

New Mini M?

per leica rumors leica has updated it's teaser photo and added text indicating a "larger than usual sensor for its relatively small body." the box is open a bit more, too...
  8. P

New Mini M?

turning this into an rx1 bashing thread will not raise the value or quality of the new leica. leica has to do that on its own - by putting a marvelous product out there. if the "leaked photo," whether a mock-up or not, truly depicts the new product, imo it's a fail, though i don't doubt someone...
  9. P

New Mini M?

i have an x1 and an rx1. i do not really consider the x1 to be a competitor to the rx1. can't speak to the x2, but the files alone from the rx1 are a pure delight to work with and the lens - well, it hasn't been widely praised for nothing. i also have an m9 and a couple of (imo) great lenses -...
  10. P

WTB: Chrome Voigtlander 35/1.2 + Zeiss ZM 50/1.5

oops. it looked like chrome in the photo that appeared on my computer screen. apologies.
  11. P

WTB: Chrome Voigtlander 35/1.2 + Zeiss ZM 50/1.5

just thought i would let you know i saw one listed at rangefinderforum. looks like someone with the us military based in okinawa.
  12. P

WTB: K mount f 1.2 lens

there are a couple available at keh. i own one, and it is not for sale!
  13. P

WTB: 90mm f/4 Macro Elmar

i just bought one brand new from an authorized leica dealer. it was cheaper than used on ebay (or new on ebay). hope i am not violating forum rules by saying it was a retailer named new york camera and video and they seem to still have a few available. i love mine. good luck.
  14. P

M9 pricing

newbie here myself. i managed to find a "return" m9 for $5990 - full warranty - from an authorized dealer. it was a lucky find, but the point is that it was available. i'm now seeing used m9's occasionally available through respectable retailers that are in the $5800 range. today even keh has...
  15. P

WTB - Leica 6-bit lens coder

popflash has them for about $65 if you're willing to pay that price.