The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Paul R

1. P

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

Love that shot, but might not have liked standing there to shoot it. http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif Good to know about the clearness. Now I won't hesitate looking for distant crops. I will be on a guided 12 day trip around the island by a pro photographer. Could be up...
  2. P

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

This is my first trip. I will have WATE and 70-400G2 zooms with me, along with 28, 35 and 55 primes. I usually don't like shooting landscape vignettes through allot of atmosphere. The long zoom is more for birds. How does that sound? Have you seen the weird A7r lockup I mentioned?
  3. P

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

I had my first real, extended shoot yesterday, with the A7r. Shot almost 600 pictures in about 2 hours on a sheep farm nearby. They "hired" me (trading eggs and fresh lamb meat for photos for their upcoming website) to document their new farm. I used mostly the FE24-70 but also the 70-400G2...
  4. P

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

I had my first real, extended shoot yesterday, with the A7r. Shot almost 600 pictures in about 2 hours on a sheep farm nearby. They "hired" me (trading eggs and fresh lamb meat for photos for their upcoming website) to document their new farm. I used mostly the FE24-70 but also the 70-400G2...
  5. P

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

All excellent points. Thanks!
  6. P

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

Thanks guys! The R 28 it is!
  7. P

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

How would the Leica Elmarit-R 28mm E55 lens compare to the 28-90 at 28? I've looked at the MTF and other charts from Putts. They say the latter has about 1% more distortion (~3% instead of ~2%) and the MTF charts don't look as good on the zoom at 28. But I don't know if this would translate...
  8. P

Help needed from 24-70 F4 OSS users

I posted a thread on DPR that might help: A7r: FE 24-70mm F4 Tests: Sony Alpha/NEX E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review I added more information and pictures in posts further down, as well. Hope this helps! I have not noticed the issues you describe, but maybe I missed them?