The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by pixelsmithy

1. P

How to achieve proper focus of stars at night?

I believe that part of the problem with the animosity and misunderstanding in this thread is due to the fact that "astrophotography" or "sharp stars" is a rather broad subject and the degree of difficulty is greatly dependent upon the focal length of the lens (or telescope). Hyperfocal technique...
  2. P

Photographing The Sun Using Aluminum foil

This image was made with homemade solar filter, using the aforementioned Baader AstroSolar material and using an empty CD/DVD container (see details here) slipped over the end of my Bigma hood. Camera: Pentax K-3 Lens: Sigma EX 50-500mm f4-6.3 APO DG Tripod mounted with 12 second self-timer...
  3. P

Anyone using a K-3?

New member, be gentle. :D I've been a Pentax owner since the K200D. Upgraded to the K-x (huge performance increase in high ISO thanks to the Sony sensor), then the K-5 (my first "flagship" model), then the K-5II, then I won a K-3 body in a photo contest and just recently upgraded to the K-3II...