The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by quadtones

1. Q

OMD E-M5 MKII impressions

Ricardo–Thanks for this summary. I am also thinking that for some of the club photography I do that the shorter focal lengths of the micro 43 lenses combined with large f stops would serve will. I had used an 85mm f1.2 Canon and for shots of musicians there just wasn't enough depth of field to...
  2. Q

Thank you Annna, that's quite helpful, not only about the ergonomics, but the setup, as well.
  3. Q

Are any of you that are using the Olympus left-eyed? I am, and am concerned that if it is configured for rear button focus, that there would be confluence of controls, my thumb and my nose. No one in my community sells them, and so it's not possible to pick it up and see if it fits. Thanks...
  4. Q

Mono owners -tell me your feelings....

Absolutely thrilled with my Monochrom, and the more experience I have with the files, the more I want to shoot with the MM. My M9 is now relegated to back up, and may have to move to another home.
  5. Q

Processing MM files

Sigh...Yes, I've contacted a couple of dealers who have had some demos w/ factory warranty. Just missed one at $6800-, but haven't seen one as low as $6500. With my preferred kit being 21-35-75, live view is not of much interest and, while the M240 seems great, I do a lot of low light...
  6. Q

Processing MM files

Michael-- Thanks for the post and the link to your other workflow post for the MM. It really helped me get a better handle on the possibilities. Of course, this is probably going to cost me, as I sold my M8u a few months ago, kept the M9, and have been thinking--hard--about the MM.
  7. Q

Leica 75mm APO Summicron ASPH "Out of the Box"

Thanks, Doug-- I actually got the 75 Summicron because of its size and speed. It was a compromise, as I was then shooting with a 75 mm Summilux. I had trouble focusing the Summilux in low light at middle distances, and it's a heavy beast. I ended up selling the Summilux [admittedly more than...
  8. Q

Leica 75mm APO Summicron ASPH "Out of the Box"

Your are absolutely right--great lens! I love the subtlety of the color on the mailbox. Great stuff. I tend to only shoot B&W, and lots of low light. The attachment was shot at about f2.4.
  9. Q

24mm IS vs 24-70f2.8L II

I don't know if this will help, much, but here is a link to some user reports: FM Reviews - Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM And another, more extensive test and review: Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens Review
  10. Q

Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f/2.5

Great lens, and stopped down 1 1/2-2 stops, you won't be unhappy. Small, light, and while I sold it and now use a 75 mm Summicron, I actually have been thinking of getting another one, just for travel, since it's so light, and gives me 90%+ of the Summicron quality for a fraction of the cost.
  11. Q

Looking for high ISO performance

Thanks, Roger, for the link. Quite a revelation, after using the Ms for so long. It would be interesting to see how my 75 Summicron looks on the Olympus.
  12. Q

Much, much easier for me, I suspect than Roger, as my needs are for B&W, and even the M9 is usable for my purposes to 1250, with careful exposure. The form factor is really important to me, though. While I once carried 2 Pentax 6x7 bodies and three lenses as a "kit" when I traveled, my...
  13. Q

David--that looks great. Is that handheld? I hadn't considered the addition of anti-shake, and for 1/8 that shot is very usable. The file quality looks like it would convert to B&W for me with pretty good tonal range, and considering the ISO, shadow detail is not too noisy.
  14. Q

Roger-- Thanks for starting this thread. I don't have advice for you, as I'm struggling with the same dilemma, having been using Leica for years, M8s since 2006, and the M9 since it came out. I am almost exclusively a B&W shooter, but can't justify the cost of the Monochrom, and am trying to...
  15. Q

Great DAG service

Don has been great, with good communication, excellent work, promptness and very reasonable prices. While I hope I manage to not ding another lens, bend a filter ring, knock a lens out of adjustment [i do really use the stuff, am not careless, but they're tools, not jewelry], I can't recommend...