The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by Trogster

1. T

Fun with MF images 2021

907X, 45mm. f/4.8, 1/2sec, ISO 400, Hoya R72
  2. T

Fun with MF images 2021

907X, 45mm. f/13, 3sec, ISO 400, Hoya R72
  3. T

Fun with MF images 2021

Bone stock...just fitted the IR72 filter
  4. T

Fun with MF images 2021

Second IR test with the 907X. 907X, 45mm. f/16, 4sec, ISO 400, Hoya R72 ......Where can I find a lens shade for the Hassey XCD 45mm f/4?
  5. T

Fun with MF images 2021

First IR test with the 907X...shows promise. 907X. f/16, 8sec, ISO 400, Hoya R72
  6. T

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Look down the right-hand side of the photo... where you can see a 1/2-inch (12m) band that appears on all my shots taken at 1-sec. (I've taken to cropping it out on all these IR pics.) I'm currently adding a light-seal on the dark-slide end of my DIY4X5. With hope that will deal with the leak.
  7. T

DIY4x5, 120mm Film: Efke IR820 (Ifra Red). F/22, 1/2 sec w/Hoya R72 Dev: Ilfosol3 So much grain for such a slow film? Plus it looks like I have a light leak.
  8. T

My bad... I neglected to mention that I too used the Hoya R72 filter. I've updated my prior posts accordingly.
  9. T

One more before I call it a night. DIY4x5, 120mm Film: Efke IR820 (Ifra Red). F/22, 1/2 sec w/Hoya R72 Dev: Ilfosol3 Looks a bit offworldly? Not sure why it shows more grain then the one above shot at F/16?
  10. T

Twenty IR sheets later and I'm starting to get reasonably good results. Efke IR820 film, Ilfosol3 developer. DIY 4x5, 120mm, f/16, 1-sec, w/Hoya R72
  11. T

I've been experimenting with Efke PL iR820 Infra-Red film and my DIY 4x5 w/Hoya R72 these last couple days. Anyone who has tried IR film knows the challenges in getting the metering right. Especially when using an IR filter that often calls for a 5-stop exposure compensation. I shot 6-sheets...
  12. T

Handy 907X Accessory

Just picked up this handy cold-shoe for my 907X. It's light, strong and fits perfectly into the camera body view finder attachment point. I'm currently using it to support a sun shade. Link here: Hasselblad 907x Cold Shoe Adapter | eBay
  13. T

4x5 in the making

Snapped this one at f/32.
  14. T

How about some portraits

Met this fine fellow on a recent walk about...he's been building boats for over 60-years.
  15. T

4x5 in the making

I installed the flocking and light seals today.... it appears the light leak we saw the other day has been resolved. Took a series of pics today and I'm fairly happy with the results. The results at f/5.6 are noticeably soft, however at f/8 and up things sharpen up rather nicely. I think...