The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Valentin

1. V

New A7II Users Reports

Just to be sure ... this is about the viewfinder, not the display on the back of the camera, correct?
  2. V

New A7II Users Reports

One thing I didn't see mentioned and encountered on the A7 (and assume will be the same in the A7II since it's not a new part) is the jittery view in the viewfinder in lower light. After about 5 minutes of using the camera, I got a headache. The refresh rate is really bad. Did anybody else...
  3. V

This is your chance - crazy deal

You know you want it :) hasselblad stellar camera | B&H Photo Video
  4. V

The Sony A7II

The ergonomics changes are big for a still photographer (that uses the camera all day long). For me, the big letdown was the EVF refresh rate. It's not good in low light. Because of that, it's a no starter for me. Coupled with the small choices of native lenses ...
  5. V

The Sony A7II

The new ergonomics are welcomed (from my point of view). It seems that the camera is a little bit bigger and heavier but not sure how it translates in real life use. From the specs, it seems that it has the same viewfinder as the current lineup. Many talk about how great it is (and it's not...
  6. V

The Sony A7II

Why people care if the tech is from Oly or not? I care if it benefits me, the end user. I couldn't care any less if it's original or borrowed.
  7. V

Question about A7/r/s

Jim, How did you connect the trigger to the flash (off camera)?
  8. V

Question about A7/r/s

OK, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't talking about the hotshoe on the camera. I use off camera flashes all the time. My 580EXII has a sync port which can be used by any trigger. The Sony flashes has a multi-pin port(s) which would take a special cord (don't even know what the ports...
  9. V

Question about A7/r/s

OK. I stopped by their booth at PPE to see how they feel. There was one "problem" that even their people couldn't answer (figure out) so I'm hoping that someone here can answer it. AF was continuously on (without pressing any buttons) and the guy behind the counter couldn't tell (or figure out)...
  10. V

Question about A7/r/s

Based on the image, they are fairly similar. The only difference is the on/off switch and the power adjustment one (it's a wheel on the 580 II). I don't have that problem when changing HSS/second curtain/mode.
  11. V

Question about A7/r/s

I don't have a problem with the 580 EXII. The only thing I use (most of the time) is to adjust power in manual (or exp compensation), second curtain and HSS. All easily done via the button. I'm not familiar with the 430s ... or maybe you have long nails and that makes it more difficult?
  12. V

Question about A7/r/s

I know you can add any function that's available via the menu. Flash power is not one of them. There are a few things that you can control on the flash that way, but I'm not familiar with it. For me, it's faster to do it via flash (habit).
  13. V

Question about A7/r/s

Hopefully they will change that since it's a software thing. With Canon's "My menu", you can put ANY available function in that camera in the "My men" place (see the bottom of the page Canon EOS 5D Mark III Review: Digital Photography Review). It's very useful.
  14. V

Question about A7/r/s

Every review I've read said that A7 is more responsive than A7r in terms of focus (regardless of light). Obviously, I have to try it for myself since everybody is different as well as how they shoot and what they expect. I think I'll rent both the A7 and A7s to see how they compare in terms of...
  15. V

Question about A7/r/s

People mentioned that you can customize the Fn buttons. You could do that with the X-T1 as well but you were limited, so let me ask you more specific. Can I put on one of the Fn buttons the following settings: -ISO -Format Card -WB -Settings Effect On/Off So basically, when I press the Fn...