The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by w44neg

1. W

A review of the Millican and Fuji Camera insert collaboration...

Recently I started looking for a new camera bag and came across one in John Lewis for £199.99. It's a nice bag but not what I needed, however I was intrigued by the removable insert shown in the photos. I called Millican and spoke to a very pleasant person who told me they'd had several requests...
  2. W

X-T1 and the 10-24mm Lens impressions

I didn't bother looking at the 56mm as I'm not interested in it personally. I heard people raving about it, but my 60mm is just fine for my needs as I mainly use it for macro.
  3. W

I believe the show is now run by a different company. I go to a fair few trade shows but this was done well and quite fun. Perhaps you should give it one last go next year. Thanks... I'm not desperate so will probably just wait for new firmware, and if it doesn't arrive, I'll just have a play...
  4. W

Oh that's a shame. However if the firmware updates are as concise as those with the X-Pro1, I'm sure the camera will only get better and better. Of course it should be optimised out of the box but at least Fuji keep on top of things, unlike many other brands.
  5. W

I had a great day on Monday. I visited a photography show here in the UK and came out with what I had hoped; a Fuji X-T1 and a play with the forthcoming 10-24mm lens. Firstly, the X-T1. I had a quick play at the Fuji stand and if I'm honest, I wasn't so sure about it at first. However, after a...
  6. W

Fun w/Digital M Images

Finally got out of the house for the first time with my (new to me) M9 (plus 35mm Summicron ASPH) today... More on Flickr... A walk around Worsley, Manchester with the Leica M9 - a set on Flickr
  7. W

Picking up my M9 in the next couple of days... Go all out or try a cheap lens?

Thanks for the response... Very helpful. Would you say the IQ from the 35mm summicron to summarit vary at all, or is it the extra cost purely for the extra stop in your opinion?
  8. W

Picking up my M9 in the next couple of days... Go all out or try a cheap lens?

It's finally happening... My M9 is available for collection after being taken in by the store in trade. That's the body sorted but I wanted some opinions. Basically, I don't know how I'll get on with the system so I'd like to limit the cash risk by spending as little as possible surplus to the...
  9. W

The cheapest X body option?

Thanks for the responses. Looking at the A1, it appears to have interchangeable lenses so it could be ideal... I'll look into it :cool:
  10. W

Sounds great... I'll look into it, thanks
  11. W

I recently picked up an X-Pro1 and I adore it. However, I received it supposedly new, but it clearly wasn't. After finding a mark on the sensor, I've decided I'm going to return it and purchase the X-T1 on release... It sounds like an X-Pro1 on steroids. I'll miss the OVF but find I'm using it...
  12. W

I placed a deposit on an M9... Second thoughts

Thanks for all the views. There's always so much contrast between opinions it amazes me. Last week, I purchased a Fuji X system camera. So far, I have an 18mm f2, 23mm f1.4, 60mm f2.4 and a 35mm f1.4 on the way. The 23mm and 60mm will be used the most I think, with the other lenses being free...
  13. W

Fuji X-Pro1 photo set at a restaurant opening... unedited JPEGs

I have to say I'm so far, so amazed by the X-Pro1. It's everything I'd hoped and more. I only picked it up within the last week but there's been much less of a learning curve compared to any other camera I've owned, including many DSLRs. One thing I'm surprised about are the standard JPEGs...
  14. W

Fuji X-Pro1 TTL bounce flash options?

Thanks. I picked up an EF42 yesterday and I'm pretty pleased tbh but I'll keep an eye on the Nissin.
  15. W

Appropriate bags for the X series?

I seem to be on the cusp of acquiring at least five more lenses on top of my current 18mm f2.0 for my recently acquired X-Pro1. These will be... 23mm 35mm 60mm 55-200mm and subject to reviews, the 10-24mm (let's face it, I'm going to buy it!). Plus I'll also have a bounce flash. I have a bag...