The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by waynelake

1. W

Leica R 28 v2, 35 Summilux, 58 Noct-NIKKOR, 90AA, 180 APO

I've decided for the moment anyway, to keep these last three lenses. I have more research to do, but decided after below video where he states most Nikon primes work well on the GFX. Going to save with hopes of getting and adapting to Fuji GFX 50 or 100... Thanks Wayne...
  2. W

R 28 v2; Near mint. No oil on blades, aperture/focus works as should. Clean glass. Tiny paint scratch on aperture ring, opposite side to numbers. (have to look close to notice). 58 1.2 Noct & R90AA; Both mint or very close to. Focus is smooth. Aperture good. No oil on blades. Clean glass.
  3. W

Sold; R35mm Summilux R180 APO 11273. I can not get more photos of the 58mm 1.2 Noct as temporarily have no camera. But glass is clean & clear & outer body of lens is excellent condition. Thanks, Wayne. PS; I have feedback on a local site here in New Zealand with recent activity. This is me...
  4. W

I'm in New Zealand, and can do free courier/postage with tracking worldwide + Paypal is probably best payment method. I'm not sure how well I've done at pricing but tried to keep it less than ebay. Please inbox me if needs to be higher/lower, thanks. There is a bit of dust on lenses, in photos...
  5. W

Leica Apo-Elmarit-R ROM 180mm f/2.8 11273 2 lens caps. Clean glass. Original leather case + bonus, sits nicely in a Nikon case. USD$2900
  6. W

LEICA APO-SUMMICRON-R 90 mm f/2 ASPH 2 lens caps. Original leather case. Clean glass. I had a spare leitax to Nikon F mount & started replacing the mount. At the time did not realise the R90AA requires a specific leitax mount. So did have intentions getting that mount. Circumstances changed...
  7. W

Nikon Noct-Nikkor 58mm F1.2 AIS Clean glass. 2 lens caps Clear filter. This has a small solid case with various filters. Not sure whats there as was only interested in clear filter to protect glass before I started using it. US$2700
  8. W

LEICA SUMMILUX-R 35 mm f/1.4 2 lens caps. Leather case. As you can see there is some external wear. The glass is in pristine condition. There is no fungus/mould. There are a typical few specks of dust and the front and rear coatings are in beautiful condition. Theres only one of these on ebay...
  9. W

Leica Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8 Version 2 2 lens caps. Leica leather case. Clean glass. USD$1300 or about NZD$2000
  10. W

It's that time of the year again

Yes, its gone. If you go to bhphotovideo dot com & click on Sony A7RIII & in the Q&A that question is answered. Heres the quoted answer. "There has been updates for the cameras that have experienced this issue."
  11. W

Southern New Zealand

If you're still here, I'm in Queenstown. A friend went up the glaciers, on a sunny day on West Coast, Fox or Franz Joseph Glacier, and much more affordable with a full helicopter of people. Found a website of discounted flights...
  12. W

Milky Way / Night Sky with Medium Format

This is interesting. I'm curious. Is that supposed to be, the 28mm lens is better than the 35mm...? Or..
  13. W

Pentax 645D blowout

I'd be more tempted by the 645z for US$8000 for the very high ISO, very good to 50k ISO. Am reading up on that and the S2 at the moment which is about US$5000 or so.
  14. W

Trip Planning Stages (Hawaii & New Zealand)

I love Bruce Bay. Very isolated. Its been a few years since I was there. Theres a lodge right there too, but know nothing about it, http://www.mahitahilodge.co.nz/. If you look at google earth & go north the road goes inland very slightly parallel to the beach. As it turns right you can just...
  15. W

Best wide-angel lenses for astrophotography?

I have the D800 and Samyang 14mm. The Samyang does have Coma and I'm not very happy with that lens for night photos. From memory the Nikon 20mm 2.8 is better at F5.6 than the Samyang 14 at night, but can not show/get to those photos at moment. Where possible I try for F4 or F5.6 with the Samyang...