The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by xpatUSA

1. X

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Oustanding work, Carl. Having gone retro (pre-Merrill) some time back, I just had to buy another DP2M ... missed it too much. Best, Ted
  2. X

From 400 yards

Nice view! I would clone out the boat at bottom left; it tends to draw the eye ...
  3. X

Who needs more than 6 MP?

Not me. My two Sigmas are each 4.7MP (2640x1760px) - more than enough for my 1920x1200px monitor and I don't print. I've been up to the heady heights of 15MP with a few Sigma "Merrill" models but found myself shooting in sensor-binned low res, so I sold them all off ...
  4. X

Beware when setting Manual focus on the DP1. A cautionary tale.

Not on my monitor, they don't ! Any results yet? It's RawDigger and it does not "interprete". A pity, because that's what appears on the LCD. You never look at the LCD? LOL.
  5. X

Was wondering what the result of your investigation was ... :)
  6. X

That doesn't affect the fact that med res is interpolated. RawDigger does not "interprete" the raw image data. It shows it as it is: I look forward to proof that clearly shows otherwise. Nevertheless, the in-camera JPEG remains interpolated, just like SPP med res output. Sounds like...
  7. X

Just so's you know, medium res involves the dreaded interpolation. The raw image, as seen in RawDigger, is half-height and full-width. SPP interpolates by 3/2 vertically and 2/3 horizontally. Also the in-camera JPEG engine of course. Ted
  8. X

Sigma SD15 Question

Absolutely not, Robert! I just bought one new-in-box for $525 :D Amazed to find that it has the same 460,000 dot LCD as the SD1 Merrill. Also the Q button has two 'pages', again like the Merrills. Too late to advise but, if you find one, buy it. Ted
  9. X

Abelson Scopeworks Boomerang Pinhole Camera

Am I right in thinking that these images are of pin-hole cameras, not from?
  10. X

Sigma SD15 Question

That the best you can do? If so . . . pathetic!
  11. X

DP2x

Your nice shots deserve a response, IMO. Although I've recently acquired a DP2M, I'm still partial to my DP2s. I don't print, so the extra DP2M pixels are of little use on my 2MP monitor . . Ted
  12. X

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Re: Akashi Kaikyō Bridge and Maiko park (Kobe - Japan) Adnen, I just bought a DP2M and those images are most encouraging . . thanks for posting. :D
  13. X

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Not at all, sorry. The preset and the custom White Balances are implemented by separate 3x3 matrix multiplications as part of the conversion from camera space to RGB space. Matrix multiplications are nothing like simple 2-axis slider adjustments, they are more like 3-channel color-mixer...
  14. X

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Re: Burnt Tree Thanks for posting this comparison which is interesting because I have just bought a used DP2M. I noticed Auto WB was used for the capture and quite a number of adjustments to blue in LR (XMP data from published JPEG) including -2 for color temperature, -22 for saturation, -55...