The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dean Forbes from Washington state

diforbes

Hello all,
This is Dean Forbes from Shoreline, WA, just north of Seattle. I am soon to be new to medium format as I have a Fuji GFX 50r on order. I gave into temptation to Fuji's sale price on the body and after trying out the camera on loan from my local photography store. I have used Fuji APS-C gear for several years; prior to that Nikon dSLRS and film cameras.

Street and documentary have been my main subjects but I've photographed just about everything. Not a big user of flash and have never done studio lighting/commercial set ups. I post my images to flickr.com: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dean_forbes/

My initial approach to medium format will be unusual. I have a collection of older 35mm film camera lenses (Pentax, Minolta, Nikkor and some others) that I will adapt to the 50r (I tried them out when I borrowed the camera) to begin with and perhaps add some MF Pentax 645 lenses later. Budget is one reason. The other is to polish my MF skills and to generally slow down the image capture process.

COVID has kept me off of the city streets and I've turned to other subjects and places to find image opportunities.

I'm glad I found this forum via the Medium Format magazine email newsletter.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Dean!

It is great to have you here. We are especially thankful because your introduction is the first one in this new section.

Looking forward to your imagery and our conversations.