The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

📷 Leica Q2, keep or sell? 📷

I was gifted a Leica Q2 (long story I can skip), but I already own a Fuji GFX100 with 4 GF lenses I use primarily in studio
I'm not a street photographer, and I see myself hardly using it other than an expensive flex prop.
I believe an iPhone and its size factor can be even better at hiding and not disturbing the subject
but please convince me otherwise and tell me why should I keep the Leica Q2

The camera is brand new in the box, never turned it on once. would you buy it?

JoelM

In your position, I would sell it. I would love to own a Q or Q2 as they are wonderful cameras. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a buyer.

rayt

It depends on a lot of things mainly your preferred style of photography. The Q2 is a candid street photography masterpiece with its fast 28mm lens. I owned the Q2M and when the M10M became available sold it. The M10M is more useful to me because I already own a drawer full of M lenses. Also the AF on the Q2M wasn’t very helpful for my shooting style. That said, some of my best photography was made with the Q2M and if someday I find $6000 under the sofa cushions I will buy another.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have a Q. I love it. I never use it. If you have a system you'd rather use, then it doesn't matter how much you like it. In other words, sell it and don't look back.

When I see files from Leica Monochrom cameras (of any type), I feel the itch. But I'm sticking with the S, and I do mostly BW conversions.

Shashin

+1

No matter how nice a camera, if it does not inspire me, I just don't use it. The camera just has to click--every pun intended. Sometimes I think something might be different, and then I get the opportunity to learn something I already knew.

rdeloe

There's a reason people don't buy me stuff. I know what I like. Please don't buy me stuff. ;)

If you don't need it, sell it and get something you do need. Lucky fellow!

Godfrey

I've gone back and forth on a Q2. I think if I ever go for one, it'll be the Q2 Monochrom. I'd probably use that a lot.

I dunno. It's hard to say what someone else ought to do with a brand new Q2, particularly when they haven't even tried the camera.

G

ok, so after keeping the camera in the box for almost 2 weeks I finally decided to test it. sure the money are good but since it's a gift i felt bad to be so materialistic.

anyways. after unboxing and using it for a day just at home I have to admit that is incomparable with anything I have owned.
I had Canons, Nikon, Sony alphas, and a Leica M6 film.

The Q2 is just outstanding. Is fast as fuck. the faster autofocus and click I have ever experienced... whether is a real or a Ux perception the entire logic and Ux is just amazing.
I'm not even sure why would even buy the M10. This is something Bresson would love. a pure 28 and go.

The bokeh is breathtaking. unbelievable.

bottom line... I'm gonna keep it, and maybe if any sell in the future.
but this a camera that makes you want to use it