The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Geoff Smith

A7r - and why I'm keeping it ...

Thank you Robert! That just might be a solution, was thinking of renting one soon from lensrentals.com and will give it a try. Best, --Geoff
  2. Geoff Smith

A7r - and why I'm keeping it ...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (but didn't want to start a new thread) -- is there any way to frame alternative aspect ratios through the EVF on the A7/A7r (thinking specifically about 4x5/8x10, coming from a background of shooting large format and 6x7)? One reason I never upgraded...
  3. Geoff Smith

5D MK I is it still worth it?

Absolutely the orig. 5D is worth it. One of best all-around cameras I've ever owned, regardless of format. I did recently upgrade to the 5D Mk II but I still think the 5D I is a great camera especially if you shoot raw. The files have always had a creamy smoothness that reminds me of film and...
  4. Geoff Smith

Warm prints after monitor re-calibration?

About 2-3 months ago I started working with a fine art photographer doing retouching and file prep for her. For exhibition prints, we found a (mostly) self-service bureau that we liked (primarily because of favorable rates to make prints on their 30" wide Chromira). We agreed to both calibrate...