The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

Lumix GM5 and lenses first impression

I am finding that the original Panasonic kit zoom, the 14-45mm with IS, works great with the GM5. Quite a bit larger than the 12-32mm, but I prefer the longer range to 45mm on the telephoto end, and overall I think it's probably a bit better quality - more even sharpness across the frame.
  2. H

Lumix GM5 and lenses first impression

I also recently purchased the GM5 (great deal at Adorama for $469, including the 12-32 mm lens), and love it. My perspective is that I have a couple of Sigma DP Merrills, and a full Oly EM1 system. I have in the past had a Canon full frame system and before digital used a view camera almost...
  3. H

Epson 3880 Prof. 17" Printer - $375

Printer is sold. Thanks.
  4. H

Epson 3880 Prof. 17" Printer - $375

Price: $375.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Shipping instructions: LOCAL San Francisco Bay Area Pickup Only I am original owner and this is in excellent condition with less than 500 prints through it. Makes excellent high quality prints for up...
  5. H

The Ancient GH3

tanngrisnir3: I love the photo, "Pre-dawn, Merced County." Thanks for sharing.
  6. H

Has anyone actually used an Oly 150mm f2 on an e-m1?

Focus is only slow when you are at less than about 10-12 feet focusing distance. For action photography, you'll almost always be at a further focusing distance.
  7. H

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

I have experimented with various B & W conversion workflows over the years, including lightroom or photoshop presets. After trying/acquiring Silver FX pro I quickly determined that using any other process was a waste of my time. It makes conversions very easy and, IMHO, does an excellent job...
  8. H

Used they go for about $1500 - $1700. I'd look around a bit rather than buying a new one. They're built like a tank, really, much better built than most Canon L lenses I had, so the likelihood of damage due to misuse is quite small as long as it's in very good or better condition
  9. H

Yes, and I love it. Autofocus is very good in single shot and C-AF, but not perfect. I've used it for my son's basketball games in a gym and outdoor soccer games with great success. It focuses a bit better in the outdoor light, but the indoor focusing is still good (6400 iso, f2, and 1/1,000...
  10. H

Official launch Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm F1.2 ASPH

The 150mm f2 is a specialty lens. It's heavy and large. I use it almost exclusively on a monopod for my son's sports. I used it for some fall leaf images and it is beautiful of course, but I can't imagine going for a meandering walk with the lens. The images are spectacular and sharp from...
  11. H

The Olympus 150mm f2 (the 4/3 not m43 lens) is amazing on the EM1. Autofocus tracking is good, not at Nikon pro level I'm sure, but still very good.
  12. H

Given that the Canon 50mm f1.2L sells for about the same price (in U.S. dollars, at least at B&H), it doesn't seem over-priced, to me anyways.
  13. H

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

Brian: which adapter are you using with the Hexanon lens? . . . I've been thinking about picking up a Hexanon 57mm f1.2 for quite awhile.
  14. H

Effect of lack of Anti Aliasing Filter re EM1

I just received my Oly EM1. I've been testing it out with my Panasonic 25mm f1.4 (m43 version). The lens seems quite a bit sharper than when I was using it on my EM5. As a result, I've dialed in "0" sharpening in Lightroom vs. the usual standard Lightroom capture sharpening. The images still...
  15. H

The Ancient GH3

Jorgen: What are you using for fill flash? It's well done and looks natural. Thanks,
  16. H

EM-1 Trying to Control my Spending

I have quite a lot of MFT lenses. For shooting a lot of people, the lenses I would want are the 45mm f1.8, the 25mm f1.4 and the 75mm f1.8, in that order. I have all of the above.
  17. H

E-M1 and 12-40mm f/2.8

i do not have noise or clattering when i use the summilux on my EM5
  18. H

Panasonic GH2 + RRS "L" bracket

Still available - photos available upon request. I'd post them here, but I'm not sure how. Thanks, Howard
  19. H

Panasonic GH2 + RRS "L" bracket

Silver Panasonic Lumix GH2H + RRS "L" tripod bracket. Also includes: 2 panasonic batteries (original + extra). 2 remote shutter releases (1 panasonic brand and 1 off brand). I am original owner. Has original box and materials that it came with (except not sure if I can find the manual but...
  20. H

Any Micro 4/3 users here using Capture One 7?

I find the increased apparent detail from processing in DXO to be fantastic. The "lens softness" tool alone, which apparently does deconvolution sharpening, is worth the price of admission. It's now in version 8 and it's pretty quick. I use it along with Lightroom.