The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Joshua Tree NP

Anyone have some tips on good shooting locations at Joshua Tree? We're going there in December. Thanks,
  2. M

Where to go in Yellowstone NP

I'm planning a trip to Yellowstone this summer and looking for suggestions for interesting areas to photograph. I've never been there and the park looks vast so looking for some help on which areas to concentrate on. My wife and I will be going and we don't mind moderately strenuous day hikes -...
  3. M

FS: Hartblei 45mm Super Rotator for Contax 645

I bought this lens from another forum member but no longer need it as I got another MF camera with movements for my landscapes. I would rate the lens in very good condition - glass is clean, no scratches or marks. All movements are smooth. I'm asking $1350 plus shipping - CONUS only please...
  4. M

WTB: Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro Film Trays

Looking for anyone who has some trays for this scanner - looking for the 35mm and MF trays. The trays I'm looking for are; FH-P1 SH-P1 UH-P1 with HA-P1 or HA-P2 I know these are hard to find but hoping someone has a dead unit and no longer needs the trays or has a lead on procuring them. I...
  5. M

Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro film trays

Folks - I've got one of these scanners on the way without film trays. I did a fair amount of research on the web and realize these are very difficult to find but my question is related to trying to fabricate my own trays. Can someone who owns this scanner and has the trays provide the outside...
  6. M

Adobe unblur tool demo

Adobe demo'd a prototype unblur tool which is able to remove motion blur. It's hard to see the results clearly in the video but it does look impressive based on its ability to determine the motion trajectory. Hopefully we will see this in Photoshop in the not-too-distant future...
  7. M

iPhone 4S Photo samples

FYI - Apple has posted a gallery of photos from the upcoming iPone 4S - looks pretty promising. http://www.apple.com/iphone/built-in-apps/camera.html Cheers,
  8. M

M7 VF options 0.72 vs. 0.85?

Looking for some guidance here on the VF options with an M7 - what are the tradeoffs? My first inclination would be to go for max magnification (0.85) and go with the 0.85 but I assume there are some tradeoffs otherwise Leica would only have made one version... TIA, Joe
  9. M

Liberated by the M9...

Landscape photography is my primary passion and my main tool for this type of shooting has been my Nikon D700 FF DSLR and assorted pro-level glass. I also have a m4/3 setup with a good variety of native lenses that I use as a backup or for not-so demanding situations. Given the weight and bulk...
  10. M

Funny thing happened while ordering a 50mm lux!

Today I decided to finally order a 50mm Summilux as I have been lusting after this lens for a while and now with my new M9 in hand I decided it was time. So I called my local Leica dealer expecting a 6-12 month wait for one of these babies. The dealer said they just received an order of 50mm...
  11. M

FS: Nikon TC-20E III

This is the most recent aspherical version - I have the box, case, and all materials. I decided to go with a different telephoto lens setup so don't need this tc. Only mounted three times and not registered. Asking what I paid; $550.00 net to me check or Paypal (+fees). I will split shipping...