The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

HASSELBLAD 907x Major connection issues

I have both an X1D2 and 907x. On both cameras, the 45P fails to connect to the cameras at least 75% of the time---and connectivity is entirely random. My firmware is all up to date. My dealer has been of no help. All my other lenses (21, 30, 65, 90, 120, 35-75) work without a hitch. The 45P...
  2. R

907X--better for shooting manhole covers or people?

And this is the kind of IDXII SOOC file that I find so seductive. (Using the 120 Macro lens). No editing (yet).
  3. R

Thanks, to all of you--Godfrey, Frederic, Darr, Docholliday, Shashin, Glennedens, MGrayson-for very intelligent and consistent replies. Yes, of course, I have other cameras fit for purpose (Canon C70 & Lumix S1H for video, Leica SL2-S for hybrid situations and low light and a brace of Profoto...
  4. R

Having viewed the hundreds of image posted in the "Fun with 907X" thread here and on the similarly named Hasselblad Digital subforum , I am struck by the virtual absence of images of people. The 41 pages on the "Fun with 907X" GetDPI thread actually have more photos of manhole covers than of...
  5. R

Hasselblad XCD4/45P Connectivity Issue

The 45P has two different (but probably related) issues: 1) disappearance and reappearance of autofocus. 2) Not being able to use the lens at all when the "lens not detected" message appears. Even removing and reattaching the lens or adjusting the lens while on the camera often doesn't work...
  6. R

Hasselblad XCD4/45P Connectivity Issue

I received a new 45P about 10 days ago. My X1Dii had the same issues--"lens not detected". After upgrading the lens firmware, the issue disappeared. Then, about a week later, it came back. Lens not detected and couldn't find focus at all.. This has happened numerous times. The only thing that...
  7. R

Considering X1D II....

I am a new X1D II owner. I also shoot Fuji GFX, Canon R5 and various Leicas and Pana-Leica L mount cameras. I've previously shot Sony, Fuji X and almost everything else except Nikon. The conventional wisdom--what I was led to believe, reading user comments was: The X1DII is painfully slow to...
  8. R

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Re: NYE Fireworks over San Francisco Two more Fireworks pix with similar exposure.
  9. R

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

NYE Fireworks over San Francisco OLY OMD EM1M2, Oly 12-100 f4, ISO 640, F4, 1/3 sec, 34mm at 12:10 AM, no tripod, braced camera against window sill. Steadying aids: glasses of Paul Hobbs Pinot Noir + glass of well aged port. Normally use GFX or Sony A9, but brought Oly with me because of its...
  10. R

Olympus EM1.2

The cable is the standard USB C that Apple uses and is available in many configurations at your local Apple Store, depending on what you're connecting it to.
  11. R

Best adapted lenses for the GFX system?

I've used the following with very good results: Fododiox EOS adapter + EOS to Leica R adapter: --Leica R Curtagon 35mm shift lens, no vignetting, will support 2mm of shift before vignetting becomes a problem. Effectively a 28mm on GFX and sharp across the frame. --Leica R 35-70mm f 3.5...
  12. R

Leica Tri-Elmar vs Voigtlander 15mm Super Wide-Heliar III on the Leica SL

Vieri, Two things: 1) This weekend I traded in a mint (bought new, virtually never used) R15 f2.8 at the San Francisco Leica Store. (Ask for Myles). Traded it in because the WATE is nearly as good for my purpose and has rarely disappointed. And I needed to fund a TL 90-280 if/when the next batch...
  13. R

Sony Alpha MIS Strobe/Flash Options

Question: Does one need the bracket? Can a non-Sony AD360II TTL (e.g., Canon mount), be used in the Sony Transmitter hot shoe sitting on an A7R2 and be triggered wirelessly from the Sony transmitter using the Sony TTL code embedded in the Canon version of the AD360II TTL? According to the X1Ts...
  14. R

Sony Alpha MIS Strobe/Flash Options

Beyond Phottix and Nissin, there may be some other good news on the Sony Alpha TTL strobe front. I was about to buy some Phottix gear when I was advised by a friend, "don't start investing in another flash system. You're a Profoto user. Profoto will have an Air commander available for Sony...
  15. R

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Two noon time shots at a local Palo Alto mall using a Sony A7R2 and Leica R 100 macro (Novoflex adapter) and slight processing in LR. Incredibly easy to focus the Leica 100R (and 60 R), even with (way) less than perfect vision. ISO 1250
  16. Flower

Flower

Flower -- Sony A7R2, Leica 100 R macro, Novoflex
  17. Mall Scene

Mall Scene

Mall Scene -- Sony A7R2, Leica 100 R macro, Novoflex
  18. R

A7rII - Nissin Di700a /Godox AD360 Systems wireless flash

Re: A7rII and Nissin Di700a wireless flash I've been really happy with my Nissin/Sony Air flash setup, too. Rumor has it that they'll soon be shipping an accessory wireless TTL equipped hot shoe/foot for some of their other flashes (like the i40) which enable the Air 1 Commander to control all...
  19. R

WTB Pentax 645 35 A, FA

Going to Europe shortly and would like to take a wide angle with me for my 645z. so am looking for decent glass via this trusted forum. Ron Weissman
  20. R

new concepts - X/Y shift adapter for Sony a7/R

I'd love an EF mount version assuming manageable image circle/vignetting. (And I'd really love a Leica R version...)