The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Unhealthy Forums

Two things that personally disturbed me the most when I was a member: 1) To say that most of the forum members are rather conservative would be an understatement... 2) Fanboy-ism and ultra defensiveness to anything that even remotely could be perceived as critique is definitely on the rise...
  2. J

New Leica S this year?

I am sure that a few trickled down to the US but nobody has it in stock... Leica is still very M-centric and the success of the M10 will delay SL lenses further and I would be very surprised if we saw a new S (or a new T or something else for that matter) this year... I am sure they might make...
  3. J

New Leica S this year?

Kind of... I put myself on a pre-order list for the 50mm in August of 2016... I am still waiting on my lens... Technically speaking though probably the first handful of lenses were delivered on schedule somewhere in Europe... If all goes according to schedule it will take Leica 2.5 years to...
  4. J

Leica SL and the Sony A7rii

No issues with the SL so far after about 20K exposures. I own 5 Leica bodies and the only issue so far was an AF failure for one of my S-lenses, no issues with the other body/lens combinations. Based upon my experience I would heavily recommend the Leica SL.
  5. J

Leica Service

This is a pretty depressing thread...
  6. J

Leica s Sensor Strategy ???

Hi Vieri, Thank you for your reply. I own the SL, Q, T, M9 and S2P. I am not worried (yet) about the SL and the Q. Those were competitive systems when launched and still are. I am also not worried about the M. The M has a huge and very loyal user base and the M10 is just around the corner...
  7. J

Hi Marc, Good points and I personally agree but not at a $17K price point... Leica can only keep that price IMO if they raise the number of MP, otherwise they need to lower the price. I would be more than OK buying the S007 at below $10K price. The current price is in IMO way too high...
  8. J

Hi Vieri, I don't disagree that Leica is bringing unique products like the S and the T to the market. What I do notice however is that after the initial release Leica IMO fails to keep the momentum up, subsequent releases (like the TL) are quite frankly often non-events, and systems like S and...
  9. J

Perhaps... The other alternative would be, as also mentioned by Vieri, 2 versions of the same camera, one with 24MP and one with 40-50MP. Perhaps an idea for the SL2...
  10. J

That's precisely the problem that is being discussed... Leica will never deliver a better 24MP TL2 if it could negatively impact SL sales. They are perfectly capable of doing that today if they wanted to but they have chosen to re-introduce the good but dated T under a different name... Same...
  11. J

You can add the T to that list... The new TL re-uses the same 16MP sensor from the original T and yes, perhaps a 24MP APS-C sensor would have negatively impacted SL or Q sales... You are certainly not the only one who is frustrated with this... but expressing this opinion tends to get you...
  12. J

Where's Jono?

I guess it is worth the try... The old Leica T or the new Leica T...?
  13. J

Leica Service

Was the lens still under warranty?
  14. J

Leica Service

One experience so far with Leica Customer Service: the already above-mentioned AF failure for one of my S-lenses. Pro: the AF motor was replaced for free under goodwill warranty. Con(s): all of the above, it took 2 months, lots of unanswered emails, communication via mail whereas email was...
  15. J

The Harsh Winter Of Iceland with Leica S007

Beautiful work! Thanks for posting. Your pros and cons (especially the one about customer care) are also spot on IMHO.
  16. J

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

As you know the first 10,000 are the worst though... ;)
  17. J

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

I have shot the Sony A7s and I have no desire to go back, thank you... :) Also, after more than 10,000 pictures banding has not been an issue for me... Provided one is OK with a fixed 28mm focal length the Leica Q is just about the best camera on the market right now IMHO.
  18. J

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

Still better than light leaks...! :)
  19. J

Leica Q vs Rx1r II

Owning the Leica Q and no regrets at all... excellent camera!!
  20. J

Hasselblad Teaser

It obviously would be nice if it could be used on the Hy6 as well!