The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Medium Format compared to Leica M11 - night shot

Hi all, we had a (rare so far) clear spring night in Vancouver Canada last night and I did a quick test of a M11 with a M75mm F1.4 lens vs a Hasselblad XCD II with a V 80mm F2.8 C T*. So basically new camera bodies for both, but 'old school' lenses on both. The Leica was set to F5.6 and the...
  2. D

Leica SL - Exposure problem or settings not right?

Hi all, I just got the SL and like it. I bought it initially for just manual focus lenses, since I have so many of them. (Leica M, R, Olympus OM, and Canon FD/LTM all with adapters.) Which is proving to be fun to revive so many of my 'keeper' lenses from my film days. The problem I need...
  3. D

Fun with Canon 16-35 F4 IS

I just picked up the Canon 16-35 F4 IS today, and am quite happy with it so far. It is roughly the same size as the 16-35 F2.8 but a bit larger diameter. I do mostly architecture and some group shots with the 17-40 or 16-35 F2.8, and this seems to be a better replacement for both. Sharpness...
  4. D

E-M1 new Electronic Shutter firmware 1.3?

Here is a link to new firmware: Olympus - E-M1 - System Cameras ; Micro 4/3 Cameras It has a 0 sec delay option for an effective electronic shutter up to 1/320 second. However I just installed it, and set it in the menu, but it still 'clicks' the shutter when shooting, so it doesn't actually...
  5. D

SLR Magic T095 Article by Erwin Puts

There is a new article by Erwin on the T095 out. Home interesting reading, Dave
  6. D

New M9 Firmware 1.196 on Leica download

New version of Firmware out, here is what is listed about it on the Leica download page, I am interested to see what happens to my battery status on this one. Cheers, Dave M9 Firmware Version 1.196 1. Performance improvements: - Further improvements of SD-Card compatibility. -...
  7. D

WTB: Mamiya RZ67 focus screen with split image and microprism surround

Hello, I am looking for good condition used Mamiya RZ67 focus screen: 1st choice has split image and micro prism 2nd choice has split image only 3rd choice is microprism only thanks for looking, Dave
  8. D

Has anyone tried the E-Clypse MAG 0.85x ?

Has anyone tried the E-Clypse MAG 0.85x from the Thumbs Up web site? I wear glasses, and with the standard mag Leicas it is hard to see the 35 frame, and really a stretch to see the 28mm. These look like a simple solution and I was wondering if anyone has experience with them? Do they work...
  9. D

WTB 40mm Viewfinder

Looking to purchase a 40mm VF to match my EP1 and 20mm 1.7 lens combo. thanks very much, Dave