The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ChrisN

Overview of the M System

Excellent! Very important to those of us who wear spectacles! I probably missed the reference to VF mag in the M8 information.
  2. ChrisN

Overview of the M System

Nice work! Would it be worth mentioning that the viewfinder magnification for the M9 is x0.68?
  3. ChrisN

be carefull with Leica M original strap!!!

If you don't trust the Leica clip on the latest Leica straps, you can always relpace it with a small split-ring. Your local fishing shop has them in various sizes and strengths (they use them in fishing tackle - up to 50kg+).
  4. ChrisN

Alpa/P45+ Images

My apologies! Obviously I can't read the difference in the images correctly! Cheers!
  5. ChrisN

Alpa/P45+ Images

Lovely images! I suspect the descriptions of the HDR and non-HDR versions of the swollen creek image might be swapped.
  6. ChrisN

Which Prime Lens?

All the Limited series lenses are much better than average. What field-of-view are you most comfortable with? For a slightly wide normal view the 31 LTD is hard to beat. Unfortunately it's the heaviest of the bunch. I love the 21 for it's compact size and true wide (not super wide) perspective.
  7. ChrisN

Fun with the Pentax K5

Wow - so many fine images in this thread! Here's my humble offering: Pentax K5, Pentax DA 21mm lens, 10-stop ND filter, 61s exposure. From RAW via SEP2. 'Twas upon a winter's day by Another Chris, on Flickr
  8. ChrisN

Pentax lenses

I've owned the DA40, and sold it after buying the 43. Now I wish I'd just stayed with the DA40. Not that the 43 is not an excellent lens - it is every bit as good as the hype suggests. However the DA40 is also truly excellent in all normal use, and you have to really split hairs to separate...
  9. ChrisN

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

I've had the same result with Rodinal stand dev - sometimes the lack of agitation produces this result. The inconsistent results I obtained drove me back to shorter times with 5-minute agitation, still with 1:100.
  10. ChrisN

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

I love the way you caught her on her toes - nice catch. :thumbup:
  11. ChrisN

Anyone around here got a Pentax K7?

Congratulations! I look forward to your report on the 100 Macro.
  12. ChrisN

Anyone around here got a Pentax K7?

No, I just think that we Pentax owners are aware that our cameras are not perfect. But some of the lenses are so good that we are prepared to put up with the little issues that some of the followers of the other major camera makers like to often remind us about. I especially enjoy the full-frame...
  13. ChrisN

For Sale: Canon 50/1.2 for rangefinder, Hasselblad C 150/4 Sonnar, prism viewfinders

Canon RF lens sold. Hasselblad lens and viewfinders still available. Thanks.
  14. ChrisN

For Sale: Canon 50/1.2 for rangefinder, Hasselblad C 150/4 Sonnar, prism viewfinders

Thanks Zoran. :) I've put up a small collection of images I made with the Canon RF lens, to show its character. http://www.flickr.com/photos/another_chris/sets/72157624390263904/
  15. ChrisN

I must apologise for making this my first post on the forum, albeit I have been a member, lurking, for a few years now. Folks who are also members on RangeFinderForum might know me. I also have a 100% (290 positive) feedback score on ebay for anyone who places any value in that! :) I've...