The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Fun with the Leica Q

A few from recent trip to the Isle of Skye
  2. P

FI: NEW A7r for $199

Maybe some unsuspecting big box retail store will do a price match !
  3. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Thanks Taylor. Shot with Noctilux
  4. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Frozen Tree
  5. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately it was mainly business so my photography time was somewhat limited. A few more from my walk below.
  6. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

A few pictures I made during a walk down at the docks in Dubai. The Iranian sailors were a hoot!
  7. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Dubai at Dusk (taken through a grubby hotel window)
  8. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Ashwin The model shots are super. Particularly like the Model #1 shots, such deep blacks and yet you retained texture and detail. If you don't mind sharing, what was the lighting set-up? Paul
  9. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

A few from over the Thanksgiving break from my newly acquired M240. Loving the high ISO capabilities! The last image of the girl mesmerized by the candles was shot at 3200, something I would not have attempted with my M9.
  10. P

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

Nice set Tim, particularly like the Country Lane
  11. P

Just for kicks and giggles, tried the Noctilux on the E-M1 today. Easy to focus. Certainly not the color reproduction or micro-contrast of the Leica, but borderline usable. Paul
  12. P

As many others have experienced, I have been having trouble getting accurate skin tones out of the E-M1 within Lightroom. Updated to 5.3 with some improvement but still not nailing it. I downloaded a custom ACR/Lightroom profile from Huelight ACR & Lightroom Camera Profiles and I think it has...
  13. P

Another shot from last night with E-M1 and 12-40. Loving the combination and more post flexibility than I had imagined.
  14. P

Thanks Carlos, Mazor. Bokeh not bad but I might have to try the OMD and my 50/35 Summilux. I would be interested to see examples, if any of the forum members have tried out this combination.
  15. P

Just picked up the E-M1 and 12-40. As a longtime Leica user was not used to all the bells and whistles but quick learning curve. A few from my first time out last night. Shot JPG (thought I was shooting Raw!) PR
  16. P

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Waiting for takeoff 130306-untitled-002 by oakhill947, on Flickr Paul
  17. P

Kurt, these are very special. Some of the best frames I have seen from the MM. Toning is fantastic. Paul
  18. P

Finally got out and about with the new MM. Still experimenting with exposure adjustments coming from M9 but so far, me like a lot. Paul
  19. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Jono, That is beautiful, love the two expressions. Paul
  20. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Greetings, after a long time in the DSLR wilderness (avec D4 and D800), I recently returned my focus to the M9 and it felt like coming home! Here are a couple from my the "streets" of DC. Paul