The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

D800 vs Etch-a-Sketch

You guys are all crazy - no one has checked out what zoom is best!
  2. J

Why visiting your dealer can be a mistake - Alpa STC

You are all evil... Can I sue if I have been led astray by this site? John
  3. J

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Jack - tremendous. I like the wooden man standing in Aspens #2. :-) [Just to the right of centre] Cheers, John
  4. J

Phase One Login/Site Error

jack, I nuked them all for Phase One - and now can log in. The mysteries of software. [Software is 90% magic and I am unsure about the remaining 30%]. Thanks. Cheers, John
  5. J

All - Well, for some reason, I successfully connected with Firefox. Thanks for comments and suggestions. Cheers, John
  6. J

Guy - Thanks for the suggestion - however, same result with Firefox. Cheers, John
  7. J

Jack - Thanks. I will try again, later. Cheers, John
  8. J

People - I am posting this on the basis that someone will note and communicate a fix - I cannot log on to the Phase One site - - this has been a problem for a while - the message is - Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server...
  9. J

Cannot process TIF in Capture One Pro

Doug, You prove again this is an excellent site. Thanks for your reply. Cheers, John
  10. J

Cannot process TIF in Capture One Pro

All - On the basis someone from Phase One will see this - edited error message when I attempted to log onto Phase One - Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. etc. etc. What I was seeking is an answer to the following problem - I have saved some 32 bit TIF...
  11. J

FS: photo gears

Back to the top. Still deliberating...
  12. J

Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here! I think we need to start measuring in feet, not inches...
  13. J

Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here! I think I want a larger monitor....
  14. J

MF digital newbies, so what have you learned

I ran out of breath before I finished reading that one sentence - I think this concept of image size must be contagious...
  15. J

Pondering the plunge... Dante's Inferno here I come!

Guy - I think that is marvelous advice. I am a software consultant [I was a CPA until 1985, decided to change career], working at the moment in Bangkok. The demand for professionals of any kind with language abilities is very high, especially for Chinese language. Photography - I put myself...
  16. J

Phase One acquires Expression Media from Microsoft

Hmmm. I thought the pre-MS product was very good. So I thought - I will go to the Phase One site and 'purchase' a copy [I have Capture One Pro version]. So my question is - for any Phase One people who might be watching - why do I have to enter credit card details for a zero amount? Darn thing...
  17. J

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Bangkok clan up. The Red Shirt protestors have gone, the debris remains... D3X, Zeiss 85mm Thanks. John
  18. J

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Somewhat off topic, but just to update... It has been somewhat unnerving over the last few days. We are about two miles from where the main protest group was located. Stocked up with food, water, and stayed out of harm's way. Any temptation to take photos was firmly squashed. Maybe on the...
  19. J

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

- It is dark. Maybe too much. Taken in a dark area, with no external lighting - I think to represent a nocturnal area. I will try - tomorrow - to lighten it a little. Thanks. Cheers, John
  20. J

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Now for something different D2X, 70-200mm at 200mm. f3.5, 1/30, 100 ISO. Shot - so to speak - in a reptile park just north of Mackay, in Qld. I think it is a blue tongue lizard. [I should know - I think I have been away from Aus for too long...] Heavy contrast etc to add some atmosphere...