The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

G9 viewfinder is black

Hi Bart The half press on the shutter really is overly sensitive, I use the AF/AE button and the "AF/AE LOCK" parameter to lock both focus and exposure. When I go for the shutter button, I ignore the half press and just go for it. Seems to work. Paul
  2. P

G9 viewfinder is black

I hear you Bart I did a factory reset on my camera in the course of troubleshooting the problem, so I need to: * Set appropriate parameters to my selections. * Document each of them on paper. * Place each of my changed parameters in the "MY MENU" section so that I can find them quickly ("MY...
  3. P

G9 viewfinder is black

MY new Panasonic G9 will not display in the viewfinder, (rear LCD is ok and I can take a picture using it to frame a scene). It does this with all four of my lens. All four lens display in the viewfinder on my G85 body so its not the lens. Tried reset in the setup menu and cycling the V/mode...
  4. P

New firmware G9,GH5,GH5s

I'm not sure when this came out but the G80/G85 cameras also had a firmware upgrade to V1.3. The main change was to improve the image stabilization of the new 200mm f/2.8 lens and correct problems when operating the camera from an external source.
  5. P

GX8 vs. War and Peace

My G85 user manual is 320 pages and it doesn't come with the camera. It takes most of a ream of paper to print it so I just use it on-line. Learning to use a camera, shouldn't claim a major portion of your life. Don't get me started about Lightroom books.
  6. P

New rant against Adobe

What if the subscription model is only the beginning, how long will it be before you are not permitted to store your files locally and are forced onto the cloud. At that point, Adobe effectively possesses your data (and you don't) and can charge you to access it (at what price). What...
  7. P

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

It's an exceptionally good lens, especially considering the price/size. It's Goldilocks on the smaller bodies. I have a first genertation 20/1.7 and always thought it focused a bit slowly on my old G1 but it's a lot quicker on my G85. I do think Panasonic made a mistake when they released the...
  8. P

In praise of the Lumix 12-35/2.8

I have both the 12-35mm and 35-100mm. Another advantage is both use 58mm filters so you only need one set. I don't use many filters (uv haze, 81a warming, polarizer and two stop soft edge graduated ND) but it adds up in size and cost.
  9. P

8Go or 16 Go for a new Macbook Pro 13" ?

It's a shame that you can no longer upgrade Macbook pro memory or hard drives, once purchased. Buy as much of both as you can afford.
  10. P

Anyone buying 2 A7RIII cameras?

Things get pretty frantic in the stores around Christmas time so I hope they don't punish the person who made an honest mistake. You did the right thing. Merry Christmas Paul
  11. P

GX8 shutter shock

I agree that it is a very nice all around camera. I have a G85 and the only serious negative is the lack of third party L-plates due to the location of the mounting hole.
  12. P

Color Calibration of Apple iMac 27"

Thanks Bob This is why I asked the question. I keep hearing stories about the difficulties of getting good color calibration on Apple monitors. My fall back system might be a MacBook Pro plus a NEC monitor, with built in calibration, used just for photo/video work. It's an expensive way to...
  13. P

Color Calibration of Apple iMac 27"

Good day all I am currently using a NEC Multisync 2690WUXI2 monitor (with built in color calibration that works very well) and am considering going to a new 27" iMac computer. For those who calibrate their iMac monitors, what colorimeters, software etc. do you use and are you happy with the...
  14. P

No 150mm

Hi Jorgen Panasonic announced a mark II version of the 100-300mm f/4-5.6 which supports dual image stabilization and is dust and splash proof. I think it's currently shipping.
  15. P

Is it worth €1,999?

+1 I recently bought a G85 since my G1 is getting very long in the tooth. The G85 does a lot of things really well, like mine a lot.
  16. P

Firmware upgrade problem on Panasonic G85

Thank you Bart Basically the process is: With a fully charged battery, format the SD card in the camera and install the correct upgrade FW on the card at the root level via the Panasonic FW upgrade site. Plug the SD card into the camera and turn it on. Press the Playback button (as though you...
  17. P

Firmware upgrade problem on Panasonic G85

Good morning all I am trying to update the body firmware on a new Panasonic G85 from V1.0 to V1.1. I have downloaded the V1.1 FW to a SD card (in the root directory after formatting it in the camera) as directed. Firmware is the same size on the card as was downloaded and extracted (from a...
  18. P

Gh5

Hi Jorgan and BigLouis I assume you are referring to the "old" 12-35mm f/2.8 and 35-100 f/2.8 that have been out there for several years. Today, I saw on one of the micro four thirds rumors sites that there is a mark two version of both the 12-35 f/2.8 and the 35-100 f/2.8. B&H already lists...
  19. P

Is it worth €1,999?

"Is it worth €1,999?" Not to me, i'm retired and on a fixed income.
  20. P

Lumix GM5 in the UK..??

Hi Bugleone I recall reading that Panasonic is discontinuing the GM5 and that a GM7 is about to be released early next year, can't remember where (senior moment). They may be clearing out remaining stock.