The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Fun with Nikon V1 / 10MP are enough

I dont think the 1 system deserved to die... The V1 I used to have was a really nice camera. Issue was it was overpriced..... I will probably rebuy the waterproof one when they get less expensive...
  2. T

Sigma 20 F1.4 ART vs Nikon G F 1.8 @ F9 for interiors

Jack, I sold my 35 Art for the same reasons. Also the focus was a bit iffy. The Nikon 35m ED f1.8 is just fine as a replacement and less than half the weight.
  3. T

Best wide-angel lenses for astrophotography?

The Rokinon, is a rebranded Samyang as I mentioned above.
  4. T

Nikon D4s Exposure Issues

Shutter isn't working properly, Get it fixed
  5. T

Best wide-angel lenses for astrophotography?

The 14mm Samyang is supposed to have better controlled COMA than the 14-24. Apparently that is a issue of great note for Astro photography.
  6. T

which 24-70/2.8?

Now is NOT the time to invest in a Nikon 24-70 Jack. Its getting on in age and is sure to be replaced in the next 12 months. In fact I was so incensed by the lousy corner performance, that after I got the 24-120 I sold the 24-70 and bought a suite of primes to replace it. The VR in the 24-120 is...
  7. T

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

@ Jordan Saw your photo and a hundred memories came back. Not with a manual lens but still.... D800 and 50mm F1.8 Nikkor
  8. Saigon Up High

Saigon Up High

9. T

I started to see the limtations of the trinity

Explanation.... It became obvious there is no AF lenses that I can buy that can achieve ALL the pre-requisites. So that leaves me with retaining the kit I have for general shooting, and buying 2 or 3 new lenses to accomplish my printing/landscape goals hence the interest in the T/S lenses...
  10. T

Happy to be corrected. I must have been thinking of the 85mm t/s Thanks.....
  11. T

Wonder if there will be quality issues same as the 35mm Art lens has ?? Looks like a good way to go providing the price isn't OTUS like. What matters to me is the amount of LOCA in the design and uniformity of sharpness across the frame.
  12. T

Jack was pretty right, I did a bit of digging and the older Nikkor PC micro 45mm F2.8 T/S used stop down metering. The new one the Nikkor PC-E 45 F2.8 T/S has electronic aperture control so it can electronically meter exposure wide open then stops down on shooting automatically. I did actually...
  13. T

Is there any optical difference between the old 45 t/s and the new one? The old one is z fair bit cheaper
  14. T

Happened as soon as I started printing large and could see the whole picture properly. Yes the loca on most 1.4's is an issue. So the search for edge sharpness start. Any opinions on voightlander wides?
  15. T

The Otus is nice..... real nice, might be a bit out of my price range though.. The 85mm f1.8 I sent back had horrendous LOCA. Doesn't look like the f1.4 is that much better...... Ok, got to start looking for a Leica R. 35mm. After listening to you guys, it looks like this will be the way...
  16. T

Thanks for all the replies, Seems I see the Nikkor 45 T/S in my future. I will probably swap the Nikkor 50 F1.8 for a 50 F1.4 and save some cash for the Nikkor 85 F1.4 (actually had the 85 F1.8 but it was total rubbish and sent it back) The thing that irks me about the Nikkor 85's is the crazy...
  17. T

Thanks for the considered reply Jon. You are pretty right MOSTLY... But I don't expect to receive top end Technical Quality when used carelessly. But I was hoping to replace the zooms with lenses that when used carefully can really deliver. But can be lazily used when ultimate quality and big...
  18. T

Typically between F3.5 and F8, sometimes as high as F13. It does improve the edge performance somewhat but there are still issues with field curvature and edge focus on the zooms. The 70-200 is the best in this regard. The 14-24 works perfectly so don't see a need to change that. I have fallen...
  19. T

I am hearing you on this...... recently I bought into wide format printing and have re-examined a lot of my older shots that looked perfectly acceptable before...... I started printing them BIG. Agree manual focus can make you slow down and improve your technique, In fact my best shots where...
  20. T

Thanks for the replies. The 24-70 is sharp in the centre, but the corners not so much. I would really prefer an af solution. While I do a lot of landscapes and can take my time. Many times I am lazy and can't be bothered with using live view and a tripod. Leia R's have interested me but I find...