The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

Anyone Doing Weddings with 4/3 ?

The E-M1 (and other Olympus m4/3) cameras have an option in the menus as to what shooting mode to use for videos. See Movie Record Mode in the Movie menu (p71 in the manual), it's next to the microphone settings, wind noise reduction etc. Just set it to M to use full manual for movies.
  2. C

Quality wides on Canon FF

How good is the 24 IS? By reviews, better that the alternatives, except perhaps the Zeiss 21. I'd love the 21 but its quite a bit heavier and quite large for a lens I expect to use rarely. I don't know anybody that has any of the primes I mention here, the 17-40 and 16-35 seem ubiquitous.
  3. C

Quality wides on Canon FF

Hi All As a longtime lurker I thought I'd get my first post in just to see if the assembled experience of the GetDpi crowd might be able to help, or possibly just confirm a decision I've got to make. I use a 5D III and tend towards the tele end. My standard walk-around kit being a 70-200 f4...
  4. C

Portfolios on an iPad - How do you get them there?

Perhaps less professional in appearance but I simply use Dropbox. I have a Lightroom export (J Freidl's Tree Publisher plugin) output my portfolio collections from lightroom directly into the Photos folder in Dropbox and then I have them all available in the Dropbox app on the iPad and can flick...
  5. C

Advice on OM-D travel lens combo for upcoming trip to Europe

14/25/45 is my travel combo and works beautifully. It's as light as it gets and all elnses are sharp. The 12/20/45 would work similarly.
  6. C

Advice on OM-D travel lens combo for upcoming trip to Europe

You already have the 14 and 20, that's the wide end covered. Just buy the 45 and you'll be carrying the same kit I carry every day. It's very light and of high quality and a very small extra investment. There's no need to complicate things.